воскресенье, 6 ноября 2016 г.

BBQ Chicken Chili (Slow Cooker or Stovetop)

BBQ Chicken Chili (Slow Cooker or Stovetop)


BBQ Chicken Chili (Slow Cooker or Stovetop)


Love everything about this! I think my Hubby will be crazy about the smoky bbq flavors here!


Thank you so much Anna! I hope your hubby loves it!


How come every time I come to your website, I get the feeling that I need to make your latest recipe, like, RIGHT NOW? I even went to my pantry to see if I had the requisite beans before leaving this comment. Alas, I do not. So I shall have to go to the store. I also have kind of been afraid of liquid smoke, but perhaps I will get a bottle and overcome my fear of carcinogens in a bottle. Ha ha! Just kidding. I’m sure it doesn’t cause cancer, right. This is turning into a bad comment. Sorry. I will stop talking and make this soup.


LOL – like literally! Loved your comment �� I assure you it is equally safe as it is delicious. It sounds like we are definitely on the same foodie page. Too bad you don’t live by me or you could be my taste tester �� I hope you love this soup and have a fabulous experience using liquid smoke for the first time – it won’t be your last ��


We tried this tonight as the latest in a long string of your recipes. As usual, we were delighted with the results. Any plans for a cookbook? I love the layers of flavor you create.


You made my night Breanne, thank you so much! I am so glad you enjoyed it as well as the other recipes of mine you have tried – yay! I don’t have immediate plans for a cookbook but inquiries like yours definitely make me consider it – probably way down the line but I am so flattered you would ask :)!


Oops, I drained the beans before putting them in the slow cooker, THEN read the recipe. Do you think this will be an issue?


Hi Trish, not an issue at all. I would add 1/3 cup water to make up for the drained water and just add more water at the end of cooking if it seems to thick. Enjoy!


Great job with the blog! Your recipes have all been delicious, and I have tried several. I especially like your asian dishes. They actually taste like something you could get from a restaurant. SOO good! I am not sure if you take requests, but have you ever cooked gumbo? I love creole/cajun flavors and have been trying to make a good gumbo, but have not found a recipe that is quality. I looked on your recipe archives and didn’t find anything of the sorts.


Anyways, keep up the good work!


Hi Mark, THANK YOU so much for your super kind words about my blog – your comment means so much to me! I love that you love my Asian dishes because they are some of my favorite too! I have not cooked gumbo before but I will definitely add it to “make list” right now! hopefully I can do it justice �� Thanks for following along!!


Having made this chicken chili 3 times now I can say it has replaced all my other chili recipes . LOVE IT!!!! So flavorful!! I included this recipe in our monthly freezer meal parties and it was a big hit!! Several of your crockpot meals have been done as freezer meals with great success! My family has enjoyed several more of your recipes!! I hope there’s a cookbook in your future. I’m so getting it!!!


YAY! That is amazing it has replaced all your other chili recipes – wahoo and thank you :)! What a great idea to have monthly freezer parties, I’m sure that is such a huge help throughout the month. Would you mind sharing what crockpot meals of mine you have frozen? I never freeze anything so I would like to have a better idea of what freezes well. Thank you, I really appreciate it. Have a great weekend!


I’m so excited to make this recipe. Is there a specific type of liquid smoke you recommend? I’ve never cooked with it before and want to make sure I use the best one!


Hi Megan, I hope you love this chili! I buy Colgin Mesquite for under $2. It an be found next to the BBQ sauces and I think it works great in this!


I wanted you to know how absolutely de-LIC-ious this is! The aroma in my home all day has been amazing, and the flavors were so good together, too. I’m not a huge crockpot fan, since you just never know how long it’s really going to take. I cut my chicken breasts in half, and the chicken was done in about 3 1/2 hours on low. I shredded it and put it in the fridge, so that it wouldn’t keep cooking the meat. Then, half an hour before dinner, I added it back in, and this worked well for me. I recommend all garnishes. So fantastic… thank so much for sharing the recipe!


Hi Kristin, I am thrilled this was such a hit, thank you so much! And I am right there with you on the garnishes – takes the soup over the edge of delicious ��


Hi! This sounds delicious! I have no doubt that it is….after all, all of your other recipes that we’ve tried have been beyond amazing. Your meals are on our table at least once a week. �� I’m embarrassed to ask this, and I hate to alter your recipe in any way, but I was wondering if you think it will work to omit the beans? I’m sure it will change the flavor and consistency some…do you think I should add more liquid….or maybe some diced tomatoes? Any suggestions are appreciated. �� Thank you!


Hi Kara, I love that Carlsbad Cravings makes it onto your table once a week – such a compliment, thank you! As far as omitting the beans – it really is not the same chili without the beans and will be missing a whole lot of texture as they are the main component. You could possibly sub in some cooked brown rice, corn, zucchini, bell peppers etc. instead to add some texture back in – hope that helps!


This Sweet and Smokey Slow Cooker or Stovetop BBQ Chicken Chili is so good and easy my mom served it up on Christmas Day!


You are going to want this BBQ Chicken Chili every day.


Its sweet and smokiness reminds me of Busch’s baked beans which are one of my favorite childhood comfort foods but loaded with tender chicken, green chilies, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika and liquid smoke. Seriously slurpworthilicious. (I hope you don’t mind I like to make up words – sometimes its necessary.)


If you aren’t familiar with liquid smoke, it imparts a wonderfully smoky flavor and really is liquid smoke It is created by capturing smoke as it rises through a combustion chamber filled with wood chips to a condenser. In the condenser, the smoke cools and forms a liquid, thus liquid smoke. (thank you Wikipedia). So if you ever want something to taste likes its been barbecued outdoors or smoked for hours, add a little liquid smoke. (Usually found next to the barbecue sauces in the grocery store.)


So back to this BBQ Chicken Chili being so easy, my mom served this on Christmas Day part – talk about the perfect stress free meal! All you do is add all the ingredients to the slow cooker. Done. If you don’t have a slow cooker or don’t have time to wait because you want to eat the chili right now, then you just add the step of brownging the chicken for a couple minutes then proceed to add the ingredients to your Dutch Oven/soup pot and simmer away. After 30 minutes, take your chicken out and shred it and add it back to your pot. Also super easy!


I feel like I am beginning to sound like a broken record with all these easy soups and slow cooker meals, but I can’t ever stop becoming giddy over meals that are both delicious and effortless. Like really, it just seems wrong somehow for so much flavor and aroma to emerge with no thought or effort. But also


So.


So.


Right.


Its like magic.


And then its time for my favorite part – loading your magic beans of Sweet and Smokey BBQ Chicken Chili with cheese – lots and lots of cheese – sour cream, tortilla chips, avocado and even bacon if you like. Because BBQ and bacon just belong together. You will like.


Sweet and Smoky BBQ Chicken Chili – my belated Christmas gift to you that will continue to bring you joy all year round.


Want to try this Slow Cooker or Stovetop BBQ Chicken Chili?


Pin it to your Soup, Crockpot or Dinner Board to SAVE for later!


Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!


©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com


Carlsbad Cravings


You might also like:


Chipotle BBQ Chicken Salad with Tomatillo Avocado Ranch


Original article and pictures take http://carlsbadcravings.com/smoky-bbq-chicken-chili-slow-cooker-stove-top/ site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий