воскресенье, 6 ноября 2016 г.

Crock Pot Shepherd’s Pie

Crock Pot Shepherd’s Pie


Crock Pot Shepherd’s Pie


Would this work with regular raw carrots? I’m not a fan of frozen carrots.


Hi Karen!


I haven’t tried it, but I would think it would work. I would suggest slicing the carrots very thin so they will cook easier. Make sure you watch it closely the first time and adjust your cooking time as needed. Enjoy!


Aunt Lou


Do you think this would work if cut in half?


Hi Deb!


I haven’t tried it, but think it would work. You will need to adjust the size of crock pot you use and watch it closely the first time you make it to see how long it needs to cook. Enjoy!


Aunt Lou


Hubby and I both love Shepperd’s Pie. I have never made it in a crock pot, but this one is on my list for dinner this week. Yum


Hi Sharon!


You are gonna love it! I brought it to a friend of mine with a newborn, and her family raved about it as well! Enjoy!


Aunt Lou


Do you think this would work in a crock pot casserole? If do you think I would need to use more potatoes?


Hi Patricia!


I haven’t tried it in my casserole crock yet, but I think it would work well. Yes, you would definitely need more potatoes. Enjoy!


Aunt Lou


Do you have to use Mushroom soup??


Hi Toni!


If you don’t like cream of mushroom soup, you could try our cream soup substitute. I’ll put the link below. Enjoy!


Aunt Lou


http://www.recipesthatcrock.com/cream-soup-substitute-recipes/


Yum! I substituted Campbell’s Golden Mushroom soup for the Cream of Mushroom soup, and added a dash of Worcestershire sauce.


Keep up the good work…I always look forward to finding your recipes in my inbox!


This sounds wonderful. Except for the cream of mushroom soup. Can you use cream of celery soup instead?


Hi Tanya!


I have not tried it with cream of celery, but if that is the taste you prefer, it would probably work well. Let me know how it goes! Enjoy!


Aunt Lou


My husband was just told to go on low salt. Any ideas with this wonderful looking recipe?


Hi Judy!


I don’t have any experience cooking for someone with a low sodium diet. I would check with your doctor or a dietician for the best advice. I would hate to give you advice that is incorrect. You might ask your doctor about the low sodium options available for ingredients like soups, mixes, etc. Let us know how it goes!


Aunt Lou


Hi Sharon, this was delicious even my 6 year old liked it!


I halved it and it came out perfect! Thanks!


Sorry I don’t know why i addressed you as Sharon. Woops!


Hi Janicke!


I’m so glad that it was a hit at your house! Thanks for letting me know! Hearing that someone enjoyed a recipe as much as we did always makes my day!


Aunt Lou


Do I mix the gravy packets with the cup


Of water as suggested on package or just dump the powder in with all these ingredients?


Hi Anna!


Just the powder! Enjoy!


Aunt Lou


If you love a delicious, hearty, one-pot meal, then I have the recipe for you! This Crock Pot Shepherd’s Pie is delicious and comfort food at its best!


Note: We use referral links for the products we love.


Aunt Lou here.


You know the old saying, “Third times a charm!”? Well, that was the case with this recipe! You see, I adapted this recipe from an oven recipe in Gooseberry Patch’s 101 Homestyle Favorites. What we don’t always share is the fun behind recipe development, but it can be quite a process.


You see, the first time, I made this, I didn’t reduce the amount of liquid in the recipe quite enough, so we had more of a Crock Pot Shepherd’s Pie Soup. (We literally put it through a strainer before we ate it!) Not really what I had in mind. The second time I made this, I was on vacation…and I grabbed the wrong cookbook. Ugh. So I did it from memory as best as I could. It turned out pretty good, but took a while to make, so I wanted to try it one more time to see if I could find a shortcut. And whaddya know, it worked! So now you have Crock Pot Shepherd’s Pie just for you!


Crock Pot Shepherd’s Pie Notes:


I have made this with homemade mashed potatoes and with instant potatoes. We liked it both ways because we have found some instant potatoes that we absolutely love. However, if you hate instant mashed potatoes, go ahead and make your own! It was yummy both ways!


I made this recipe twice in my Hamilton Beach Intellitime Slow Cooker and once in my Hamilton Beach Multi-Quart Slow Cooker. Both did a great job. You can use your favorite 6-quart crock pot.


You can adjust this recipe to meet your family’s needs. Don’t like peas, leave ’em out! Love carrots, add some more in! Do note though that as the recipe is, it almost fills a 6-quart crock pot, so adjust the size of your crock pot accordingly if you are adding a ton more veggies.


½ onion, chopped


4-6 Russet Potatoes, boiled and mashed with 1 tablespoon of milk (OR 2-4.1oz Idahoan Baby Reds Instant Mashed Potatoes packages, prepared, and 2 tablespoons of butter)


2-.87oz brown gravy mix pkgs


1 teaspoon garlic powder


1 teaspoon onion powder


12 oz frozen sliced carrots (not thawed)


12 oz frozen peas (not thawed)


10.75 oz cream of mushroom soup


Optional: Sprinkling of paprika


Brown your ground beef with your onion in a skillet over medium-high heat, drain


Boil your potatoes, drain and mash with 1 tablespoon of milk (OR prepare your instant mashed potatoes per package instructions and add additional 2 tablespoons of butter to make them spreadable)


Mix together your beef mixture, brown gravy mixes, garlic powder, onion powder, carrots, peas and cream of mushroom soup


Spray your crock pot with cooking spray


Pour your beef mixture into your crock pot


Spoon your mashed potatoes on top and spread evenly


Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours


Shared on:


Original article and pictures take http://www.recipesthatcrock.com/crock-pot-shepherds-pie/ site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий