воскресенье, 6 ноября 2016 г.

DIY FLOATING SHELF

DIY FLOATING SHELF


DIY FLOATING SHELF


Brilliant idea! I like the simplicity yet the creativity of this Hanging Shelf. I’m thinking of making one for my bedroom and another one in the garden. Thanks for sharing.


Glad to hear you got inspired! Shoot me a pic of your project once it’s done:)


This is just too cute! I love succulents but every time I buy one & repot it, it dies. But this plant holder has inspired me to try one more time to pot succulents. I just have one question. What did you use to hang yours?


Thanks for visiting, Glenda! I am so glad that this project inspire you to plant some succulents:-) I hung my shelf with an S-rail hook ( from IKEA) on my curtain rod. But I guess you can buy hooks at Home Depot that you can screw into the ceiling. Hope it helps. Have a great week!


This is as CUTE as could be! Just love it and it looks so perfectly in the room!


Thanks Friend! I really love it, too!


I couldn’t find the round wooden plate when I looked at Home Depot. I looked everywhere, even asked an associate for help. Do you remember what section you found it in? Because that might be helpful to mention. I ended up going to a craft store and finding something similar but not exact. I’ll still motivated to complete this but thought I’d let you know!


Hmm.. It was at the lumber section. I bought one last year and I bought one this year too I assumed it would be in every Home Depot. Thank you for the info, I will update the post! When you finish the project send me a picture -I would love to see it!take care!


I just tried to make this. However, midway through my project it became clear that 1.5 yards is not nearly enough length!!! So I doubled that, cutting my yarn 3 yards in length and was able to fit my wooden plate in it just fine. Also, I felt like 50 pieces of yarn was way too thick. To achive the look of your pictures I only had to use 22 pieces. Thank you this idea. I love my plant holder!!!


Perfect piece of work you have done, this web site is really cool with excellent information.


Time to share this fun and chic DIY floating SHELF!


Yesterday I shared how I made some cute DIY succulent planters and today I am going to show you how to make this quick floating shelf display plants, succulents or other home decor items. I love to browse my favorite stores online for inspiration. While I was doing that couple weeks ago, I found this cool floating shelf over at Urban Outfitters ( **update: I discovered that the original product is made by Jenny over at Recycled Lovers ). The moment I saw this shelf, I knew that I need this piece in my life. As a DIYer, I always think of how I can DIY things first, of course, to stay on budget. It’s no secret that I love to switch up decor often around here. Paying full price for things would not let me do that, which is why I choose to DIY :-). I love modern, minimalist lines with a little bohemian twist. I feel like my design style is always evolving, especially since I write a blog, and I read other blogs. I must say that I get better with age haha This modern shelf was easy enough to make, and it totally fits the style that I have created in my dining room.


If you missed yesterday how I made some cute faux succulent planters, you could check the out below


MATERIALS NEEDED:


– round wooden plate from Home Depot


– scissors


– yarn


STEPS:


1. Cut about 50, 3.5 yards pieces of yarn ( it’s going to be quick, I promise) – *update – the post was miswritten, 1.5 yards were listed in the tutorial before but you need about 3.5 yards


2. Tie a knot in them middle. It’s going to be the centerpiece of the hanger.


3. Divide your yarn into four equal sections.


4. Then divide each part into two sections and twist it together. You can also separate your sections to three and braid the pieces together.


5. Hang your piece somewhere high. Tie a knot around 4 inches below the top.


6. As a last step tie a knot at the bottom.


Slip on your wooden plate.


I loved the natural wood look, so I did not stain my wooden plate, but you can totally stain it.


I arranged my cute succulent planters on my floating shelf, and it looks chic and fresh in my dining room. What do you think?


How do you like this floating shelf?


Check out some other great projects in my dining room before you leave


DIY RECLAIMED WOOD BUFFET


DIY DEEP PICTURE LEDGE


Thanks for reading today! Have a fantastic weekend!


Cheers-


Original article and pictures take http://placeofmytaste.com/diy-floating-shelf/ site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий