воскресенье, 6 ноября 2016 г.

Double Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Stuffed Pretzels

Double Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Stuffed Pretzels


Double Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Stuffed Pretzels


Whoa – these sound amazing! I’m going to make these STAT!


I need one of these right now! I have been craving pb and pretzels and you’ve just one upped my dreams! These look sensational! Pinned!


These are so awesome!! Totally my thing!


These looks amazing – I love the sweet, salty, crunchy, creamy combo!


These have everything! And they look soooo good!


I think I might try these with cookie butter instead since I have a few friends with peanut allergies. They look so good!


How long will these keep?


Hi Naomi. Stored in the refrigerator they should keep for a week (maybe more).


Thanks! I can’t wait to make these.


I’ve never worked with coconut oil before, will it change the flavor of the chocolate? Does it leave a coconut taste?


Hi Alisha. It’s just in the recipe to help “set” the chocolate. You won’t taste it. You may use shortening if preferred.


What brand of white chocolate do you recommend? I seem to be limited to nestle.


Hi KG. I love Ghirardelli! You can order it online


I made these yesterday….they are DELICIOUS! I’ve also gotten many compliments on them.


Yay! So happy to hear it, Jennifer!


Hi! I’m wanting to make these for Christmas but I need more of a bite-sized treat…Do you think regular small pretzels would work the same?


Hi Cara. I’m not 100%, but I think it should be fine. Just use a smaller amount of peanut butter.


These look delicious! I’ve always liked chocolate dipped pretzels – what a great idea to add peanut butter. Growing up, my mom made lots of treats at Christmas using melted chocolate. She always used a double boiler to melt the chocolate – to keep the chocolate from burning. It also worked well for dipping. We’d just take the pot off the stove and dip right in the double boiler. The hot water in the pan helped keep the chocolate warm.


Tasty !


I’m gonna makes these today for the Ducks v Ohio game! GO DUCKS!!!


Woot!!! Enjoy


Ugh, this came out horrible! My chocolate was hard to dip even though I warmed it slowly… I normally dip pretzels and fruit in dark chocolate and have never had a problem, so I don’t know if there’s a difference in the consistency of different types of chocolate, but this was such a disappointment. Also, the peanut butter immediately started to mix with the white chocolate and it ended up as a clumpy mess


Hi Colleen. I’m sorry to hear this recipe was a disappointment. It’s one of my favorites and many readers have loved it as well. There are two things that come to mind in regard to your complaints: 1) White chocolate can be finicky and some will not melt if they contain too many artificial ingredients. I typically use pure white chocolate, which is more yellow than actually white. Also, did you add the oil called for in the chocolate? The oil is what helps it melt silky smooth. 2) Did you freeze the pretzels once filled with peanut butter? This step is mandatory and if done properly ensures the peanut butter will not bleed into the chocolate when dipped.


If you have any additional questions, please let me know!


I followed the instructions as stated and I used Ghirardelli White Chocolate. Not sure if that’s a good white chocolate for dipping or not.. Anyway, what I ended up doing was using some Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate to coat the pretzels and then the white chocolate just as a drizzle. That seemed to work much better. Also, even though I froze the peanut butter covered pretzels for 35 minutes they still were sticky and hard to work with. Maybe mixing the peanut butter with some powdered sugar would help. In the end, the pretzels did end up tasting pretty yummy, so I’m happy about that.


Perhaps it is just an editing error, but for 20 pretzels needing 1-2 Tablespoons of peanut butter each, 1/2 cup seems too little! There are 16 tablespoons in a cup, so 1/2 cup of peanut butter would make 4-8 pretzels in this recipe! In any case, I have plenty of PB in the cupboard and these look delicious!


Hi Ronnadae. Great point. I will increase the amount called for.


I do not like white chocolate, so I’d like to make these with chocolate… What type of chocolate would you recommend to replace the white? Milk chocolate? Dark? Semi-sweet?


Hi Eleo. I think milk, dark, or semi-sweet would work great!


Ashley~ Can say that you are a genius! This was missing from my life and I didn’t even know it! I love this recipe! It is now my new favorite candy. I will tell you that I wanted to be lazy and I didn’t want to dip each one individually so I laid out the pretzels on parchment paper and stuffed it with the pb (then froze them mandatory step) then I melted almond bark and spread it all over the tray then put it in the fridge to firm up once firm I took it out then flipped the whole tray over onto another sheet of parchment paper them coated that side with more almond bark them did the chocolate drizzle and then sprinkled on the toffee bits. then returned it to the fridge and let it set. Once set I took it out and hit it with a mallet to break it up and and had pretzel toffee bark. I’m hooked! It’s like crack! Your way is much better, mine is a little messier but just as pretty and yummy. Also for all the people that said they can’t melt chocolate tell them to used almond bark, candy quick (both can be found at Target), or candy melts (found at Micheals). I did add a little shortening when melting in the microwave because I wanted to thin it out a bit for spreading. Thank you for my new favorite recipe! I’m in love with it! I wish I could attach the pics here


Thank you so much, Renee!!! Your adaptions sound delicious. Do you have facebook or instagram? You can always tag your photos #bakerbynature or upload them on facebook to share I would love to see them! xoxo


Ashley I direct messaged you the pics on Instagram. I hope you like them.


Renee, I LOVED seeing your pictures! Thank you for letting me take a peek


Hello friends! I made us more homemade treats! Giant crunchy pretzels stuffed with creamy peanut butter, dipped in white chocolate; drizzled in dark, and sprinkled with toffee >>> you gotta put these on your to-do list now! And when I say now, I mean like… right this instant! Just so we’re clear. These giant crunchy, creamy treats are too good to miss!


These pretzels are ridiculously easy to make because, you know… that’s how we roll. No kitchen magic needed here… just a few simple steps and BOOM >>> You’re rolling in homemade candy heaven. Melting the white chocolate it probably the most dramatic step. White chocolate can be finicky, but melt it loooow and slow, and be sure to add the coconut oil, and you’ll be all good. Promise. Oh, and quality white chocolate here makes all the difference.


The first step is to line a large baking sheet with the pretzels. I found these fabulously salted // superbly crunchy german pretzels online, but I’m sure you can grab a bag in the chip aisle at your local grocery store.


Next up you’re going to slather the pretzel top with peanut butter. I like to use creamy all natural peanut butter here, but you can really use any brand/variety you like.


You’ll pop the pretzels in the fridge (this allows the peanut butter to set just a little bit) while you melt the chocolate. I always melt my chocolate on low (right on the stove-top), but I think you could do this in the microwave as well. Just remember, loooow and slow is the name of the game. Chocolate burns FAST.


The last step is dipping the pretzels in the chocolate. This is easy and can be done by simply pouring the chocolate into a smallish bowl, placing a pretzel in the center, and flipping it over with a fork (just move it around until it’s completely covered). Lift the pretzel up with said fork, allow excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl, then transfer the pretzel to a baking sheet (covered in parchment paper).


Now things get fun! Drizzle the white chocolate with some dark chocolate, add toffee, and allow the chocolate to set. You can speed this process up by popping the pan in the fridge for a few minutes. Enjoy! xoxo


*I use (and LOVE) these Artisan silicon mats for candy making – they make clean up a BREEZE!


Crunchy pretzels are stuffed with creamy peanut butter before getting dunked in white chocolate, drizzled with dark chocolate, and sprinkled with toffee! These are a wonderful treat and make great gifts around the holidays.


Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking sheet. Place pretzels in an even layer on the prepared sheet. Spread the top of each pretzel with 1 - 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, smoothing the top of each with a butter knife. Place pan in the freezer for 20 minutes; in the meantime you can prepare the white and dark chocolate.


Place chopped white chocolate and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook on low until smooth and completely melted. Do the same for the dark chocolate (using the remaining 1 teaspoon coconut oil).


Allow white chocolate to cool for a few minutes (not too long though or it will begin to firm up) then place a pretzel in the center of the bowl and toss it around lightly until completely covered. Use a fork to lift the pretzel out of the chocolate, allowing the excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl; transfer to prepared baking sheet. Repeat with all pretzels.


Drizzle the melted dark chocolate over the dipped pretzels, then sprinkle with toffee. Allow chocolate to set before serving.


*peanut butter should be completely solid before dipping into chocolate *use pure white chocolate, or one you know melts easily


Original article and pictures take http://bakerbynature.com/double-chocolate-dipped-peanut-butter-stuffed-pretzels/ site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий