воскресенье, 6 ноября 2016 г.

Leftovers are great for the school or work lunch bag the next day.

Leftovers are great for the school or work lunch bag the next day.


Leftovers are great for the school or work lunch bag the next day.


You’ve added such wonderful ingredients to your salad and the colors just “pop” – beautiful!


Joanie,


Thank you!


I love all these gorgeous colors and flavors….and the addition of persimmon! I must try this!


love those fun colors and textures


Loving the persimmon addition in this salad.


I just saw my first persimmon at the grocery store today! Love them!


Trish,


Make sure you get the Fuyu for this recipe. It needs the crisp persimmon. Cheerio!


Ooh, this sounds incredible! I love the addition of persimmons!


Michelle,


Persimmons are really a sophisticated fruit!


I was on their website yesterday and saw that salt! I SO want to try it.


Erin,


It is seriously good. It really adds that special something to so many recipes.


Gorgeous! I love adding edamame to dishes for healthy protein!


What a beautiful salad! I love the combination of flavors!


Wow, what a great ingredients combo, this salad sounds wonderful!


What a bright, delicious salad! I love the use of persimmon and edamame together in a salad for the wintertime.


wow its so colorful & fresh salad. I really love your recipe.


Print This Post


Let’s rummage around in the fridge, the vegetable drawer and the fruit basket for a healthy lunch, shall we? Throwing together a salad bowl from what is on hand often yields my very best results.


One of my favorite things about fall is gorgeous Fuyu persimmons, so I try to always have one or two in the fruit bowl on the counter. From there, I can start almost any sort of salad. Fuyus are the firm variety of persimmon, and can be eaten out of hand or sliced like an apple. They make a wonderful salad addition with their sweet crunch.


To my persimmon, I added some ready-to-eat edamame for protein, a blood orange and yellow bell pepper for color, some dried cranberries for a sweet pop and deep red, and some toasted pine nuts for crunch.


The simplest vinaigrette with a pinch of smoked sea salt married everything, giving me a nutritious lunch salad that was packed with flavor and texture and the colors of the rainbow.


Leftovers are great for the school or work lunch bag the next day.


Let’s make it, shall we?


*The salt I used


In this recipe I wanted a bit of a smoky undertone, to contrast all the sweet fruits and vegetables, so I reached for Apple Smoked Sea Salt from the San Francisco Salt Co. It’s pure sea salt that has been slowly smoked above an applewood fire. It’s Kosher, with no artificial flavors or additives, and its medium brown coloring comes from the smoking process. I’ve used it for meat, chicken, soup and salad – wherever I wanted just a touch of smoke without it being overpowering or harsh. I find that with a high quality specialty salt like this, you will use far less than you would of regular table salt. It’s about $9 for a 4-ounce container, which will last you 100 years. This would make a great gift for the foodie in your life, and they have a number of additional varieties, including cherrywood, alderwood, hickorywood, whiskey, sriracha, lavender rosemary, etc.


If you like this recipe and want to save it, pin the image below to your Pinterest board.


Fruity, vegan Edamame Salad with Persimmon, Peppers and Pine Nuts is a light lunch or side salad full of flavor, crunch and nutrition. Bonus: it's rainbow eye candy, too! Or pin this one, below…


Fruity, vegan Edamame Salad with Persimmon, Peppers and Pine Nuts is a light lunch or side salad full of flavor, crunch and nutrition. Bonus: it's rainbow eye candy, too! Disclosure: Melissa’s Produce sent the edamame, cranberries, pine nuts, blood orange, persimmon and shallots for recipe development. San Francisco Salt Co. sent the salt for review


Original article and pictures take http://www.shockinglydelicious.com/edamame-salad-with-persimmon-peppers-and-pine-nuts/?utm_content=bufferf64c9&utm_medium=social&utm_source=pinterest.com&utm_campaign=buffer site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий