воскресенье, 6 ноября 2016 г.

Luscious Lemon Bars

Luscious Lemon Bars


Luscious Lemon Bars


Deb, these look amazing! You know a a fellow lover fanatic like me is going to be all over these!!! :) Pinning and sharing! Hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas and enjoy the rest of the holiday. It's hard to believe that 2014 will be here in just a few days! Have a happy Saturday, my friend!


Deb, these lemon bars look scrumptious!! I've pinned, and can't wait to give them a try. Stopping by from Two Cup Tuesday. Also - your food styling is beautiful! Nice work!! :)


Hi Deb - popping in again to thank you so much for sharing at Best of the Weekend! Stay warm and enjoy the weekend!


My family looooooooooooves lemons sweets, and these would be a hit


They look fantastic!


they look yummy!


I love, love, love these photos, Deb! Beautiful job! I am not a huge fan of lemon desserts, but I do love savory lemon dishes. I would be happy to try one of these, and I bet I would change my mind!


Today I was going through my 'vault' and came across this Lemon Bar recipe that I hadn't yet shared with you. I originally made these for my husband's co-worker this past summer. She had made a request for some lemon bars and since she was done with her temporary assignment in the company, I was happy to give her a nice send-off.


I'm such a lemon lover also and always have a few in my refrigerator as they work well with either cooking or baking. But making lemon bars was a new venture for me so instead of trying to create something from scratch, I searched and found this great recipe from Mel's Kitchen Cafe and she happens to be a Minnesota gal like me - so I knew it was meant to be. The recipe was easy to make and were quite tasty - just enough tartness! {Recipe adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe}


Crust


1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour


2/3 cup powdered sugar, plus extra to sprinkle on bars


1/4 cup cornstarch


1/2 teaspoon salt


12 tablespoons butter (1 1/2 sticks), at cool room temperature, cut into 1-inch pieces


Filling


4 large eggs


1 1/3 cups granulated sugar


3 tablespoons all-purpose flour


2 teaspoons grated lemon zest


2/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, approx. 3 to 4 large lemons


1/3 cup whole milk


Pinch of salt


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9X13-inch baking pan with foil and grease the foil.


Combine the flour, powdered sugar, cornstarch, and salt and whisk together.. Add the pieces of butter and cut the butter into the dry ingredients using a pastry blender, (I actually froze my butter and grated it into the flour) until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle the mixture into the prepared pan and press into an even layer on the bottom and about 1/2-inch up the sides of the pan. Refrigerate for 15-30 minutes. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.


Filling - whisk together the eggs, sugar, and flour in a medium bowl and then stir in the lemon zest, juice and milk to combine.


Pour the filling onto the warm crust (be sure the crust is warm) and reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees. Bake for about 18-20 minutes until the filling feels slightly firm to the touch. Cool the bars to room temperature, sprinkle with additional powdered sugar and cut into bars.


I was informed that Karin and the other co-workers enjoyed this treat!


You may also like these posts about Dessert


Original article and pictures take http://www.cookingonthefrontburners.com/2013/12/luscious-lemon-bars.html site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий