воскресенье, 6 ноября 2016 г.

Overnight Peaches-and-Cream French Toast

Overnight Peaches-and-Cream French Toast


Overnight Peaches-and-Cream French Toast


This is delicious. I have made it several times. My 24 yr old son, said, \"mom, you can make this anytime\". I use light peaches, skim milk, extra cinnamon, and a little less brown sugar. I tried it with pears, but not so great, they come out kind of gritty. It's kind of a twist between bread pudding and a custard feel, yum!


I made this with 6 fresh peeled, sliced peaches because I needed to use them. I would not make it with canned after using fresh. I also increased the cream on top to 1 cup and I am glad I did, otherwise, there would have been very little to drizzle on top. It did take almost 2 hours to bake, which was surprising, but it turned out great. I took it to a Bridge Sectional Tournament and it disappeared. I will definitely make this again and again.


This dish was amazing and everyone was VERY happy with it. I made it for Christmas breakfast and they all wanted it again so I'm making another one this morning (already sat overnight). This will remain a staple for us now. Might add raisins next time.


N/A


N/A


If u like mushy bread it's ok. I don't.


N/A


This was tasty and easy to make. The consistency is like a bread pudding and I love the peaches with it. I made it for a girls night overnight party. Most people found it very rich. Next time, I think I would omit the cream on top and make a side of home made, not so sweet, whipped cream for those that wanted the extra creaminess.


I made this for our Christmas breakfast when we had family come over and everyone loved it!! Since I forgot to buy bread to get stale I just toasted it in the broiler for about 2:30 mins each side after slicing the bread. Also I doubled the cream. It came out like a bread pudding/french toast. Afterwards everyone was asking to take some home with them. Luckily I made 2 pans! Also the best part was how easy it was to make and hardly any time for prep!


great recipe. the whole family enjoyed which is rare for us. next time will try with a little more brown sugar and bake longer to caramelize. also will chop bread into pieces to get more edges.


N/A


YUM! I didn't have enough canned peaches so I added a few sliced fresh ones. The sections with the fresh were by far less \"soggy\" so I think next time fresh peaches are the way to go to keep a nice texture. What really made the presentation \"pop\" was adding the cream. I had no idea it could make the whole dish \"puff up\" so beautifully! My husband and I didn't find this to be overly sweet except in the parts where the canned peaches had been used and we defiantly preferred the \"less sweet\" parts of the dish. Served leftovers the next day by heating in microwaved and sprinkling more cinnamon, and added a side of sliced strawberries. Makes a LOT and we are just two, so next time will half the recipe. Definitely one to keep and easy to use for a crowd. Plus, took 5 minutes or less to assemble the night before. Second time I made it I used evaporated milk to make it less soggy and subbed in ginger. One of our favorites


N/A


N/A


N/A


This recipe is amazing. We made it for breakfast today and absolutely loved it!. We used challah bread and that worked out wonderfully. If you are not concerned about calories I would recommend using a full cup of heavy cream instead of the half cup that the recipe calls for. Also, I am planning on using fresh peaches next time I make this...and there WILL be a next time.


This is some good stuff! Try using Challah bread instead of french bread and fresh peaches instead of canned. This is a great versatile recipie!


I made this when we had company for the weekend- it was great & was a hit!


I made for today's breakfast (Christmas morning) and it was delicious! Highly recommend it to anyone who likes french toast. I used 2% milk and light canned peaches.


I made this for our Sunday brunch, and it is AWESOME! Definitely a recipe to keep! I used 2% milk to lighten the calories(alittle) and it turned out GREAT!!!


I tried this recipe for dinner tonight and my family loved it! It is very rich so I may make it for more of a dessert next time. This recipe is definitely a keeper!


I made this tonight and I don't cook so we'll see how it turns out.....


1. Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Arrange bread in a tight, flat layer in dish.


2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs with milk, sugar and vanilla until blended; pour over bread. Arrange peaches on top and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.


3. Remove baking dish from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°F. Pour cream into a small pan; bring to a boil over high heat. Cook until reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Drizzle over peaches and bake, uncovered, until casserole is lightly browned on top and just cooked through, 45 to 55 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.


Original article and pictures take http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/overnight-peaches-cream-french-toast-50400000116330/ site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий