воскресенье, 6 ноября 2016 г.

Paleo Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Donut Holes (grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free option)

Paleo Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Donut Holes (grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free option)


Paleo Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Donut Holes (grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free option)


I’m new to baking with coconut oil…I am using the solid form, is that 7 tbsp of the solid oil (then melted) or 7 tbsp of the melted oil? Hope that makes sense!


It does make sense! And it’s the same, so you can measure it solid or melted. :) Hope you’ll enjoy the donuts!


I seem to have the same issue as the commenter below-the muffins really stuck to the liners. I’m sure they’ll still be tasty, just not so pretty looking as yours :)


How do you keep the muffins from completely sticking to the muffin liners?


I haven’t had that issue with these (and nobody’s mentioned that yet) so maybe it’s your liners. I have some liners where some recipes stick and some liners where those same recipes don’t stick. Or did you make any subs?


Can I use G.F. All-Purpose flour instead?


GF 1-to-1 flour mixes are only interchangeable with wheat-based recipes and not almond flour + coconut flour recipes. If it’s meant as a sub for AP flour, then your mix should work well in my pumpkin donut holes, which are wheat-based. :)


These cinnamon sugar pumpkin donut holes are paleo, grain-free, gluten-free and dairy-free. Can also be made as regular muffins.


I haven’t been feeling the pumpkin love at all this year. I don’t know what happened but I’m just not excited about it. And it doesn’t help that we don’t have canned pumpkin in Germany. I either have to make homemade pumpkin puree, which I won’t do because moisture content varies too much and I never know how much liquid to drain, or buy imported canned pumpkin from the American section of a department store. For about $4.50 a can. I typically make a recipe several times before posting it and spending $18 on just the pumpkin for one recipe? Eh. I’ll pass.


So for this recipe, I took a short-cut. I adapted my pumpkin spice latte Nutella muffins and made them into the gluten-free pumpkin donut holes that I posted over on My Baking Addiction earlier in the week! I didn’t have to go through my precious cans of pumpkin and y’all get a pumpkin recipe. It’s a win-win for everyone! :)


If you don’t have a mini muffin pan, these can be made as 16 regular muffins and baked for 13-16 minutes. It doesn’t work quite as well in bread form. I tried! It rises nice and high and then kerplunks. It’s pretty sad.


I’ve seen a lot of recipes where you dip the donut holes in butter first before dipping them in the cinnamon sugar, but when I tried this, the donut holes sucked up so much butter and were so wet that I had to use a ton of sugar to get them properly rolled. It tasted amazing so feel free to do that if you don’t mind a ton of extra sugar. :) I’m thinking it’s perhaps a grain-free thing. I never had that issue with whole wheat goodies!


I have two more cans of pumpkin left and am very carefully planning what to do with them! What’s your favorite pumpkin recipe?


Looking for more paleo treats perfect for fall?


Original article and pictures take http://www.texanerin.com/2015/10/cinnamon-sugar-pumpkin-donut-holes.html site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий