воскресенье, 6 ноября 2016 г.

Roll them up! (Thanks to my mother-in-law for this demonstration. Hi Rita!)

Roll them up! (Thanks to my mother-in-law for this demonstration. Hi Rita!)


Roll them up! (Thanks to my mother-in-law for this demonstration. Hi Rita!)


Disclaimer: This recipe totally contains some store-bought dough. Gasp! I know, I know…


I started making these rolls a couple of years ago at Thanksgiving and Christmastime and they’ve been a big hit with Greg’s family, in particular with my father-in-law (hi Bill!). Served warm and gooey and stuffed with feta and spinach, it’s hard to eat just one.


I got the idea for these when the wife of one of our hospice patients made something similar and sent a whole tray of them to one of our team meetings. They were still warm when I got my hands on them and were so good that I decided to try to replicate them. I’m sure that our patient’s wife made the dough from scratch, and you’re welcome to do the same, but sadly making pastry doughs and breads is an area I haven’t really explored yet. Hence the Pillsbury crescent rolls. I know, I KNOW, shame on me.


Anyway, these are simple to make and always a great addition to a meal. Enjoy!


Windy City Crescent Rolls


Serves 6-8


Ingredients


2 tubes Pillsbury (or whatever brand) crescent rolls, 8 ct


4 oz crumbled feta cheese


4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese


3 oz fresh baby spinach (about half of a pre-washed bag), chopped


2 oz black olives, finely diced (*this ingredient is optional)


1 egg white, beaten


1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes


dash salt and pepper


Preheat oven to 350. Begin by chopping the spinach and olives and putting them in a large mixing bowl. Add the feta, mozzarella, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper. Toss thoroughly and set bowl aside.


Unroll the crescent dough and divide into triangles. Using a spoon, place tiny heaps of spinach mixture on the wide part of the dough triangle.


Roll them up! (Thanks to my mother-in-law for this demonstration. Hi Rita!) Place on a greased cookie sheet. Before putting them in the oven lightly brush each roll with the egg white. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.


Enjoy!



[booksellers] Want to buy my book? Do so at any of the above!


Original article and pictures take http://clairebidwellsmith.com/2010/01/22/windy-city-crescent-rolls/ site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий