воскресенье, 6 ноября 2016 г.

Salted Caramel Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies

Salted Caramel Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies


Salted Caramel Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies


Holy crap you guys. I just got caught up on The Good Wife. That was cathartic, to say the least. I should have never let myself fall behind on watching because the shocker of this season was totally spoiled for me on basically every social media site and even entertainment news sites.


I accidentally saw the spoiler in the HEADLINE of articles about the show. Like, really guys? Can we not put spoilers in the TITLE?! Especially when shows air throughout different timezones. Also especially in this modern age of DVR. Oh well, at least I knew to brace myself when I did finally watch. I won’t say much more in case you’re a few episodes behind. Man, I love good TV.


Almost as much as I love a good chocolate chip cookie. Nice transition there huh? Seriously though, sometimes when I’m brainstorming recipes to make and share with you all I find myself just wanting to make cookies and brownies all day long because they’re my forever favorites. Just recently I was attempting to force myself to try to bake something far from that realm of treats but I thought why? Variety schmariety. I like what I like and that’s half the reason you read this blog, right? Hopefully.


Hopefully you like cookies because I’ve got a pretty kickass recipe today. There’s caramel, but don’t worry you’re not making it from scratch because we’re cheating today. There’s milk chocolate chips because sometimes only milk chocolate will do. There’s fancy fleur de sel (sea salt). And there’s even cinnamon! I wanted to include the cinnamon part in the recipe title but then it got to be too long. I love the warm surprise the cinnamon adds, but you can totally omit it if it’s not your thing. Whatever you do, plan to make these soon.


The dough is based off my Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe (which took many batches to develop – I make these sacrifices for you!) and all the ingredients and methods are written very intentionally and purposefully into the recipe to make, well, the ULTIMATE chocolate chip cookie. Just know the dough needs at least a 24 hour chill period. Before you start complaining, yes you can skip this but you don’t want to. The flavor and the texture of the baked cookies will improve exponentially the longer the dough is chilled. Trust me!


By the way, these are big cookies because that’s the way I like ’em and because that way we can stuff the caramel inside. I used this OXO Good Grips large cookie scoop.


Recipe Rundown....


Taste: Caramel stuffed inside milk chocolate chip cookies that already have a strong butterscotch flavor, and all topped with sea salt? Plus a hint of cinnamon? Out of this world.


Texture: The edges are crisp, the inside is ultra ooey and gooey and sticky, and the cookies are chewy throughout. This is the cookie texture motherload.


Ease: Easy peasy. What you need here is PATIENCE because I promise the 24-72 hour chill for the dough is SO worth it. DO IT!!!!


Appearance: Perfect.


Pros: My all time favorite cookie recipe with a fun twist.


Cons: None.


Would I make this again? Absolutely I made extra dough, portioned it into balls, and popped them in the freezer to enjoy whenever I want!


Recipe by Tessa of Handle the Heat, based off this recipe


[social_warfare]


Original article and pictures take http://www.handletheheat.com/salted-caramel-milk-chocolate-chip-cookies/ site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий