воскресенье, 6 ноября 2016 г.

Slow-Cooked Italian Red Wine Roast Beef recipe by Barefeet In The Kitchen

Slow-Cooked Italian Red Wine Roast Beef recipe by Barefeet In The Kitchen


Slow-Cooked Italian Red Wine Roast Beef recipe by Barefeet In The Kitchen


It looks delicious and I like the italian slant. We don't make pot roast very often, but I always love it when we do.


My mom NEEDS a good pot roast recipe (I remember MANY dry disasters from my childhood). I'm sending this along to her. For real.


Ben would love this!


That looks outstanding!


That looks gorgeous!! I've made something similar to this before... I just adore combining red wine and beef. So flavorful!!


This looks so great. I may just be trying it for a meal this weekend!


Oh, my! What a fabulous dish...the wine and herbs flavor the beef to perfection!


I don't know what it is about red wine that makes beef taste so wonderful. This looks great, I'm going to have to try this out soon. I love crock pot recipes.


This looks delicious Mary! I love the red wine in here, what a flavor contribution!


How funny Mary! We're buying the same thing (meat from Double Check) at the same time (early Saturday morning) at the same place (Farmer's Market) even though we're half the valley apart!! ;)


That's awesome! You totally made me laugh with this. Why do you have to live so far away though?! We would have a blast meeting for breakfast at a market one Saturday.


That would be SO much fun!!!


I am making this TODAY although I had to make a few emergency substitutions (chuck roast for arm and oregano for marjoram) and I exchanged the water for beef stock. I hope mine turns out as well as yours did despite the differences. :)


Your photo makes this beef look tantalizing. I can't believe I haven't gotten out my slow cooker this year, I guess it's a result of our weather being so balmy.


Your pictures are great, and the recipe sounds easy and delicious. I think my hungry hordes would really enjoy this.


I'm starving right now, so I probably shouldn't be looking at this recipe. This beef looks SO good. And I love that you buy the beef from a local farm, too!


This beef looks wonderful. This beef looks like it would be so tender and delicious.


This looks totally delicious. I would gobble this right up. I really like your plate. Very pretty.


Slow cooking it totally underrated. It just gets replaced by fast and simple, when really slow cooking all day IS simple. This recipe is the perfect example. Mmm... I can imagine some potatoes alongside this delight! Great recipe!


I'd love to have that on top of some mashed potatoes for lunch! The meat looks perfectly cooked, tender, and juicy.


I made this and it is sooo yummy!


We had this for dinner last Sunday!


Wonderful! I am going to add a little cumin and garlic to the leftovers and have it in flour tortillas.


Hi, i just wanted to say thanks for the Italian Pot Roast recipe. It was amazing. I'm invited to a couple Xmas parties and im going to make this to take along and serve with some crusty bread.. THANK YOU AGAIN.


Hi Mary or those who have tried this recipe! I usually coat my roast in flour and seasonings and sear it on al sides before putting in the crockpot. Would you not advise to do that for this recipe? I've never done it with red wine and didnt know if that would not work well with it. Thanks!


Barbara


You can skip that step entirely for this recipe. Easy as can be!


I would buy a vegetable spirializer


I made this and it is sooooo good! Thanks!


Are the above spices (Basil, Thyme, & Marjoram) powders or fresh herbs? Also which type of onion would you say would go best with the roast? Red, yellow, or white?


The spices are dried herbs, typically crushed not ground. I use a yellow onion. I hope that helps!


I love this kinds of recipes for Sunday dinners. Just throw in crock pot and in a few hours dinner is ready. My nonna made her roast like this too!!!


Just made this for dinner . Cooked all day. The dinner was incredible. Put some mushrooms in it for extra flavor, serve over mashed potatoes. Talk about comfort food. Awesome!


Can you use fresh herbs too?


Yes, you can use fresh herbs. However, I would triple the amounts.


We love this recipe! We shared it in our 25 Delicious Crockpot Meals for Busy Families roundup on The Shopping Mama!! http://www.theshoppingmama.com/2015/10/25-delicious-crockpot-meals-for-busy-families/


YUM!!


I tried this today, had it cooking on low for 8 1/2 hrs and the meat is quite tough. Definitely doesn't fall apart when you put a fork in it! Did I cook it too long or not enough??


Sounds like it hasn't cooked long enough. Without being in your kitchen, it's hard to guess, likely it still needs at least an hour, maybe two longer to cook. It won't get hard again after becoming fork tender, so it definitely isn't overcooked.


So sorry it's taking longer to cook! Different crock-pot times can vary quite a bit and it's frustrating initially. You might be able to slice and serve it that way at that point, but if you're aiming for fall apart beef roast, it likely needs to cook longer.


Thanks for the quick reply! I only just took it out so I'll put it back in for a few more hours and see what happens :)


I've only purchased this crock pot recently and so far it seems to be VERY slow to cook on low!!


The meat still hadn't softened after a few extra hours of cooking so I thought what the heck and just left it in overnight too. Woke up this morning and it's perfect (24hrs of cooking later!!!) so I guess my crockpot is just VERY slow on low. The meat smells delicious though so I'm looking forward to having it for dinner tonight :)


Weirdest crock-pot EVER, Krissy! I'd stick with cooking on HIGH at this point. Glad it worked out!


O M G. I made this (recipe exactly as listed here), for my girlfriends for my annual Christmas dinner. I bought a 3-lb \" Chuck Tender Roast\", and used the crock pot. Started it at 8 am. By 5:30 it was falling apart. My guests arrived at 6 and by 6:30 I was serving it. BIG HIT. I will definitely make this over and over again. Just delicious! Thanks!


I'm thrilled that you liked it so much! Thanks for taking the time to tell me!


Looks amazing, perfect for the holiday parties and upcoming bowl games, not to mention the BIG Game! Thanks Mary!


Dear Mary


I made this today, it was delicious! Thank you!


Hi Mary,


Would it be ok to cook this on High in the crock pot? Forgot to put it in this morning and hoping cooking on High will still be ok.


Thanks!


I've cooked this roast on high as well. I still prefer it on low, but it does work both ways.


I am so impressed how wonderfully good this was!!! I made it tonight and we just loved it so much. The only things I added were, a large bay leaf and 3 cloves of garlic minced. Next time I may add beef broth instead of water but the way it is written is great.


Where is the print button?


There's a printable link directly under the title, above the ingredient list. Here's a direct link to the printable page:


http://barefeetinthekitchen-recipes.blogspot.com/2012/02/italian-red-wine-roast-beef.html


When you say to use a beef round roast, is that a top round roast or a bottom round roast, and is it supposed to be boneless? Or does it mean a chuck (pot) roast? Can you tell I'm a novice cook? Thanks!


Sorry, I forgot to ask how you serve this since you say to shred the meat. Is this supposed to be served on bread like a sandwich, or over potatoes?


One of my favourite recipes for a few years now. There's enough where the two of us have the beef with a tomato-y risotto for night one, and then the rest of it makes great shredded beef tacos or enchiladas when you add in some mexican seasoning the next night. And so easy- no mess at all to clean up after dinner!


I attempted the oven method and it came out tough and dry. Not sure where I went wrong. Placed the meat in a glass baking dish and poured liquid ingredients around it. Roasted at 350 for 3 hours then added about 1/4 cup more of water and a splash of wine and let it roast another hour at 350.


I've never used a glass baking dish for roasting like this. I typically use a dutch oven or heavy pot with a lid. How were you covering it?


I made this last night, as I knew I was going to be out of my apartment for 11 hours. IT WAS AMAZING. I prepped the night before (which took 5 minutes), so the beef marinated in the wine, water, spices overnight. I put it on low for 10 hours and it switched to warm after 10 hours. It was so tender and delicious. I want to make it a staple!


Sounds like a good old fashioned Sunday dinner of my childhood (minus the crockpot) Am heading to the store for the roast and plan to make this tomorrow.


Can't wait to taste it ! Thanks for sharing !


Which cut of meat specifically should I use? Top round? Bottom round? Eye of round?


I tend to use bottom round, but a chuck roast will work fine as well.


Thanks!


I tested this recipe twice before hosting a dinner party and serving. The best result was when I seared the meat on the stove w/ the seasonings massaged in ... before dropping into the crockpot. Delicious recipe! Thank you!


I've had the best luck with bottom round. I can never seem to find a piece without that big hunk of fat on one side. Lemons to lemonade, I just make sure to put it in fat side up. Ends up making the roast extra juicy! I also toss in mushrooms to cook along side the roast. If you're a fan of mushrooms I highly recommend it! They turn out amazing!


This is our \"go to\" meal. And it smells heavenly while it is cooking.


Can you add carrots and potatoes and if so, for how long?


I've never cooked this with carrots and potatoes. It should work, but you'll want to add them towards the end of the cooking time, not at the start.


What would you serve for sides with this?


I typically serve this with mashed potatoes and either a salad or roasted vegetables. Enjoy!


Slow-Cooked Italian Red Wine Roast Beef recipe by Barefeet In The Kitchen


Love this recipe? PIN IT to your DINNER BOARD to save it!


Follow BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN on Pinterest for more great recipes!


This Italian Red Wine Roast Beef slowly cooks in the crock-pot creating an unforgettable dinner with almost no effort at all. This smells so fantastic as it cooks, I could hardly wait to taste the roast the first time I made it and let me tell you, it did not disappoint. Seasoned with a light blend of Italian spices and then cooked in red wine, this roast is happily eaten by every member of the family.


I've been making this Red Wine Roast Beef for a few years now and it never fails to impress. The aroma while it cooks is almost as amazing as the resulting meat. I could happily eat this roast beef every week all year long.


Italian Red Wine Roast Beef


recipe inspired by Allrecipes


(printable recipe)


2 1/2 lb beef round roast


1 small onion, sliced thinly


1/2 cup water


1/2 cup red wine, I used a cabernet


1 teaspoon basil


1/2 teaspoon thyme


1/2 teaspoon marjoram


1 teaspoon kosher salt


1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper


Combine all the spices in a small bowl. Stir to combine and set aside. Place the roast in the bottom of a crockpot or dutch oven. Sprinkle the spices all over the roast, turning to coat thoroughly. Top the roast with the onions and pour the wine and water into the bottom of the pot.


CROCKPOT: Cook on low for 8-10 hours or until the meat is falling apart. When the meat is done cooking, shred gently and then toss in the juices to keep it moist.


OVEN: Preheat to 350 and then cover and bake for 3 hours. Check the meat and if it needs more liquid, add a bit more water. Cook another hour or so, until the meat is falling apart. When the meat is done cooking, shred gently and then toss in the juices to keep it moist.


Slow-Cooked Italian Red Wine Roast Beef Recipe - get the recipe at barefeetinthekitchen.com


{originally posted 2/9/12 - photos and recipe notes updated 12/20/15}


ONE YEAR AGO TODAY: Peanut Brittle Ice Cream


TWO YEARS AGO TODAY: Chocolate Sour Cream Cake


Original article and pictures take http://www.barefeetinthekitchen.com/2012/02/italian-red-wine-roast-beef.html site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий