воскресенье, 6 ноября 2016 г.

Stuffed Pizza Rolls

Stuffed Pizza Rolls


Stuffed Pizza Rolls


I love this dish


These are good, even the picky eaters said they love them and they are even better reheated.


The base idea here is great. Mostly, I had an issue with the dough I used. It tasted like dough. If I had used a better dough, this would have been delicious and easy.


Also, used mozzarella slices from the deli and worked just as well. Just split it up a bunch and piled it on. I would suggest trying to pinch the dough shut and make sure none are open.


The dipping sauce is so simple and easy. My picky eater was fairly pleased overall. Would definitely do again!


I used a little prepared presto sauce also inside. Really good.


LOVE this recipe! I tried a version from Cook’s Country and didn’t think it turned out well in the tube pan. DID like their suggestion to render the pepperoni for about 75 seconds in the microwave and dab with paper towels before using. Makes the rolls less drippy to bite into. Will definitely try this recipe as it seems like it comes together faster than the one I tried.


Easy and yummy! Made them for lunch today some with cheese and some with pepperoni. Perfect! My little ones loved them. I used a can of Pillsbury canned pizza crust. Thanks for the awesome recipe.


for the rolls


Pizza Dough (store bought or homemade)


4 tbsp Butter


2-3 Cloves of Garlic, minced


1 tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped


for the dipping sauce


1/2 tsp Garlic Powder


Instructions


Preheat your oven to 400 degrees (or according to the dough's package directions). Roll out the pizza dough, making a 12\" X 18\" (approximately) rectangle. Using a pizza cutting wheel, cut 24 squares. As you can tell from my picture below, the squares do not have to be exactly the same size.


I used sandwich pepperoni from the deli, so I had to quarter my slices to fit in the squares. Lay a slice (I used 2 quarters) of pepperoni on each square.


Then top with cheese. I also quartered the string cheese sticks. We thought that ended up being the perfect amount of cheese per roll.


Pull the 4 corners of each square together to seal & place the rolls, seam side down, in the dish.


In a small skillet, melt the butter over low heat.


Add the minced garlic & cook for 1-2 minutes.


Then add in the chopped parsley & turn off the heat.


Brush the garlic butter on the top of the rolls, coating well. (I also sprinkled a little Parmesan Cheese on the top!)


Bake at 400 degrees (or according to package directions) for 10-15 minutes, until golden. Just keep an eye on them since all dough cooks differently.


While your rolls are in the oven, you can make the dipping sauce. In a small sauce pan, heat the tomato sauce with the dried Italian Seasoning & Garlic Powder over low/ medium heat, stirring occasionally.


http://inspiredreamer.com/stuffed-pizza-rolls/


Original article and pictures take http://inspiredreamer.com/stuffed-pizza-rolls/ site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий