воскресенье, 6 ноября 2016 г.

Surviving a Road Trip with Toddlers #GerberWinWin

Surviving a Road Trip with Toddlers #GerberWinWin


Surviving a Road Trip with Toddlers #GerberWinWin


Surviving a Road Trip with Toddlers #GerberWinWin Road Trip Toddler Snack Mix -made in one minute! #GerberWinWin


As an Army family living in the middle of nowhere we travel a lot. The closest \"big\" city is an hour away so if we want to go to the zoo, children's museum, mall, chain restaurant....you get my drift...we have to drive quite a while. We also love driving to Houston, which is 3 hours away, and Florida to see my family, which is 8 hours away. Needless to say, I have learned a lot over the last few year of traveling in the car with toddlers.


So today I have put together a list of items I recommend for Surviving a Road Trip with Toddlers along with a easy, made in only 1 minute, Toddler Snack Mix made with Gerber® Lil’ Beanies!


First thing's first- before a trip we have to stock up on snacks from my hungry clan! We buy our snacks, including Stella's favorite Gerber® Lil’ Beanies crunchy navy bean snacks, at our local Walmart. They are in baby food aisle and my girl - no joke - can eat a whole container on her own! I love that these are nutritious baked treats with 2 grams of protein (9% Daily Value), 1 gram of fiber, and 10% Daily Value of Vitamin E per serving! Even better Gerber® Lil’ Beanies are not made with genetically engineered (GM) ingredients and are naturally flavored! Gerber® Lil’ Beanies have helped me, as a toddler parent, create a happier and healthier snacking experience for my little ones.


Ava is 3 {going on 13} and Stella is 18 months so they like to share the same snacks and meals. One of their favorites are snack mixes that I mix up. Basically I empty an assortment of crackers, cereals, {healthier} cookies, and Gerber® Lil’ Beanies in a container, give it a stir, and voila- 1 Minute Snack Mix!


Scroll down for the recipe!


Save on Gerber® Lil’ Beanies with this iBotta coupon offer! Surviving a Road Trip with Toddlers


It's road trip time and when you have got two wild and crazy kiddos under 4 like me you have to be prepared. Here are a few of my favorite items to have in the car for your toddlers and kids during a road trip.


Lap Mat


This thing is the bees knees, y'all. They can eat on it, color, read books, you name it.


It has pockets on the side to hold crayons, napkins, whatever you want.


Magnets


My girls love them so I purchased a tin lunchbox and filled them with alphabet letter and number magnets. You can store them and they can play with them IN the box, where they stick to the inside.


Learning Pads & Tablets


Stella has a light up, touchscreen learning pad that she loves.


Ava has a tablet with learning apps to play with and entertain her on the long drive.


These are great for nighttime driving


Couldn't forget this one, right? I always have snacks and water cups available.


Movies


We love our double screen DVD player. We store a CD case filled with cartoon movies DVDs in the car so the girls can watch movies during the drive. They both have their own kid size headphones too!


Storage


In our SUV we put the arm rest down between the two car seats so the girls can put their drinks in the cup holders, babies on the seat, and my handy dandy husband strapped a small basket to the front for small toys within reach. I have another large basket on the floor filled with books, tablets, movies, and coloring pads. This saves a lot of clutter and mess in the backseat and helps organize the kids items.


Other helpful items:


1.55 oz container Gerber® Lil’ Beanies, any flavor


1 cup cheese flavored fish shaped crackers


1 cup pretzel sticks, broken in half


1 cup honey flavored mini bear cookies


animal shaped crackers


Combine all ingredients in an airtight container.


Shake well to mix.


Seal and store until road trip snack time!


This snack mix is easy peasy!


I empty an assortment of crackers, cereals, {healthier} cookies, and Gerber® Lil’ Beanies in a container, give it a stir, and voila- 1 Minute Snack Mix!


I use one whole container of Gerber® Lil’ Beanies because they are my girls' favorite! Seal and store until road trip snack time! I like mixing up in portable snap close container like this. Happy girls with tasty snacks means an easier and more peaceful road trip for all of us!


Original article and pictures take http://www.4theloveoffoodblog.com/2016/09/toddler-snack-mix-and-surviving-road.html site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий