воскресенье, 6 ноября 2016 г.

the best oven fried chicken

the best oven fried chicken


the best oven fried chicken


This looks amazing! How long overall did you end up leaving the chicken in?


I'm pretty paranoid about making sure my chicken is cooked all the way, so I think I left it in for 12 minutes on each side.


I'm making this for dinner did you have excess butter in the pan or did it all cook away


Is this recipe for boneless, skinless chicken pieces?


Yes.


Do you have any suggestions to replace the paprika or some seasoning salt that isn't to spicy? I can't have spicy runs bc of a medical condition and I'm trying to find something to season with! Thanks!


I know I'm not the author, but garlic powder, celery salt, some white pepper, a hint of paprika, and poultry seasoning (I use roasted garlic & herb) will do WONDERS for chicken. Personally, I'd recommend allowing the chicken to marinate in buttermilk for *at least* 15 minutes, if not a few hours (if you don't have time for overnight). The lactic acid tenderizes the chicken, which it will need since it's not being fried and flour is being used as well. Fat = good, carbs = bad which is why you can get away with allowing it to marinate in the buttermilk. I also use a whole grain, unbleached, supermilled white flour. All the health benefits of whole grain wheat flour with the taste of white. It's amazing.


Mine did not come out looking like that at all! Mine looked like regular baked chicken. The coating did not puff up as if it were fried?


Mine did not either! I'm a little disappointed.


Mine also didn't make a breading at all. Lackluster National Fried Chicken Day here. ��


I tried this recipe, except I replaced the 2 t. Paprika with 1 t. Chili powder. Didn't get puffy and crispy but it did brown and developed a little crisp and tasted great! THANKS for the new taste


OH MY GOSH!


I LOVE THIS RECIPE. MY CHICKEN TURNED OUT REALLY GOOD, BUT NEXT TIME I WILL USE AN EGG TO DIP THE CHICKEN IN BEFORE I PUT IT IN THE FLOUR. SOME WAS MORE CRISPY THAN OTHERS BECAUSE I LET IT COOK LONGER. MY FAMILY REALLY ENJOYED IT. I WILL MAKE IT AGAIN & AGAIN. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS RECIPE.


Made this using chicken legs and thighs with bone in. I had eight of each so tripled the breading recipie. Because I had so much more meat and bigger pieces I ended up cooking it about an hour and a half, turning halfway through. I was surprised it turned out looking like \"real\" fried chicken! My fiancé is raving about how good it is so thank you!


Made this and it's delicious


6k


It's funny, but I can still remember the first time I ever had KFC. I was five and we were on vacation in Montana visiting my mom's relatives. We decided to go for a drive in the mountains and have a picnic, and my great aunt purchased some KFC to bring with us. We drove along an incredibly narrow canyon road (not even wide enough for two cars) and I could feel how tense my mom was, probably because my great uncle was barreling along at a speed well over what seemed safe to us. Anyway, we made it safely to our picnic site, and I remember that fried chicken being the most delicious meal I had ever eaten. It may have been that I felt as though I had just had a brush with death, but I can still remember (27 years later) how tasty that chicken was!


This oven fried chicken has that same great KFC taste, but with a few extra advantages. First of all, it's homemade, which in my book always tastes better. Second, it's baked instead of fried, which means it's a little healthier while still being just as delicious. And third, I can make it while wearing my comfy pants and never have to leave the house. That's a total win in my book! The coating gets nice and crisp in the oven while the chicken stays tender and juicy, and the combination of seasonings is delicious. This is definitely a new favorite recipe!


Oven Fried Chicken


3 chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into 2-3 strips each


4 tablespoons butter


1 cup flour


1/2 teaspoon salt


1 tablespoon seasoning salt


1/2 teaspoon pepper


2 teaspoons paprika


Preheat the oven to 400. Place the butter in a large baking dish (I used a 9 x 13 pan) and place it in the oven to melt. Combine the flour, salt, seasoning salt, pepper, and paprika in a ziplock bag and toss to mix. Add the chicken and toss to coat all the chicken pieces. Remove the baking dish from the oven and place the chicken pieces in the melted butter, making sure the chicken pieces are not touching or overlapping. Return the baking dish to the oven and cook 10-12 minutes. Flip the chicken using tongs and return to the oven to cook an additional 10-12 minutes on the other side. When the chicken is cooked through, remove the baking dish from the oven and move the chicken to paper towels to drain any excess grease. Serve immediately and enjoy!


recipe via The Recipe Rebel


Original article and pictures take http://www.thebakerupstairs.com/2015/08/the-best-oven-fried-chicken.html site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий