воскресенье, 6 ноября 2016 г.

Two-Ingredient Banana Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Bites

Two-Ingredient Banana Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Bites


Two-Ingredient Banana Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Bites


I made these last weekend and they were so easy and so yummy! We don’t have little ones, but I have one Son who is 25 and has Autism. I cannot get any fruits or vegetables in him. I thought he might like these as they had chocolate chips- and yup it worked ( had to fib a bit and tell him they were vanilla ice cream with some banana flavoring!) it worked and we are so happy that he is eating bananas! thanks for the recipe!!


That’s so great, Judy! I’m so happy you made them and that everyone, especially your son, is enjoying them! Thanks for sharing!


hi. this looks great, and even more interesting is the fact that there’s no milk or cream. ill try them out. Good job!


Sounds like a great healthy recipe, I can’t wait to try. I also have a 24 year old son with autism and I can’t get fruits or veggies in him either! Thanks Maegan and Judy! Can’t wait to try them , and I will also have to tell a “white lie” about the ingredients.


Can’t wait to try this tomorrow! Might add some strawberries in there too for a strawberry-banana flavor! Thanks for sharing this fantastic idea! =)


Hi Joanne! Adding strawberries is such a great idea! Enjoy!


Tried these….. I have to say they’re not sweet enough for me to eat as a snack alone. I would add some stevia next time to satisfy my ultra sweet tooth. I’m tossing these into my smoothies..


Is there a reason you wouldn’t blend the fresh bananas, fold in the chips and then freeze, rather than freezing twice?


Hi Gayla! Great question. Frozen bananas create a much creamier/silky “ice cream” than room temperature bananas when blended and frozen into bites, for some reason. Enjoy!


Sorry I made these and they were just yucky !!


Oh no, Beth! I’m sorry to hear that. This is the first time I’ve ever heard someone not liking them. I wonder if your bananas were either not ripe enough or overly ripe?


i made these and really really enjoyed them! however, next time I’ll shred the chocolate chips in first, because once frozen they’re very hard to bite in to/chew! also had an issue with popping mine out of the molds because they weren’t frozen properly, even though they were there for the recommend time, but I bumped up my freezer temperature and that seemed to do the trick! Lovley recipie thanks for sharing!!


I’m just wondering if you can let me know the nutrition for these.


Hi Lisa! I don’t provide nutritional information on my site, but you can easily calculate it yourself by using a free online nutrition calculator. Just google “free nutrition calculator”. Hope this helps! Enjoy!


Frozen bananas and mini chocolate chips are all it takes to make these tasty little ice cream bites that are the perfect healthy summer treat!


Well, ready or not, summer is here! Schools are letting out and the weather is starting to warm up, for most of us.


One of our favorite summer treats is one-ingredient banana “ice cream”. I stock up on the bananas and as soon as they get a little overripe, I’ll slice them and freeze them so we can make banana ice cream anytime we get a craving. The boys think it’s real ice cream and are completely satisfied with it. It’s so much healthier so I’m thrilled they love it so much.


Well, as I was making a batch the other day I was thinking how could I make this to where we already have it ready to go in the freezer and easy for the boys to eat poolside or during a swinging/sliding break in the backyard?


It just dawned on me to try scooping the ice cream into mini muffin cups so the boys would have these little ice cream bites to enjoy throughout the day without having to use bowls or spoons.


They turned out great! I threw in some mini chocolate chips for fun and extra yum! Each bite is about two bites of creamy dreamy banana ice cream with a little crunch from the mini chocolate chips.


They’re so easy to make and store in the freezer just great. I’ve already stocked our freezer for the next few weeks.


All you have to do is slice and freeze about 6 very ripe bananas for about an hour and a half.


You’ll set the bananas out for about 5 minutes to let them soften a bit before pulsing/blending them in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy, and then stir in the mini chocolate chips.


Scoop the ice cream into a greased mini muffin pan, filling each cup almost full, then sprinkle each one with a few more mini chocolate chips. Place the bites in the freezer for about an hour and then use a knife to pop each one out. You’ll stack them in a freezer safe container with parchment paper between each layer of bites to prevent them from sticking together.


It’s as easy as that and you’ll have healthy treats ready to eat when you need to cool off from the summer heat.


The boys pretty much beg me for these every afternoon and are usually satisfied with one (sometimes two). I could eat the whole batch if I let myself. I seriously have to remind myself that it’s pure bananas that make them so creamy and naturally sweet. They’re so good!


Here’s to a happy healthy summer full of fun & yum!


Enjoy!


xoxo,


Maegan


Original article and pictures take http://thebakermama.com/recipes/two-ingredient-banana-chocolate-chip-ice-cream-bites/ site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий