воскресенье, 6 ноября 2016 г.

(Yes, it tastes as good as it looks.)

(Yes, it tastes as good as it looks.)


(Yes, it tastes as good as it looks.)


Hello,


Love your site! I see you’ve written that fruit pizza can be made 1 day in advance. Are there any significant differences compared to same day? Would it becime soggy? Thanks in advance.


Both the cookie and frosting can be made a day ahead of time– I recommend frosting and decorating the day of.


Thanks for the swift reply! I’m going to try making it next weekend. I’m going to make it 1 day in advance. Thanks again!


Getting ready to make it and was wondering if I can use a smaller pizza pan? Would I need to lengthen the baking time?


The bake time will be longer, yes.


So I finally got a chance to make this and it was perfect. I used a 15 inch pizza pan. It was the air bake style so I placed a piece of parchment down and baked it on top. I made the cookie dough the day before and left it in the fridge overnight. It was crumbly when I first took it out but it became perfect after kneading it for a bit. Pressing it in a circle is definitely a skill. I asked the hubby for help. I also made the delicious frosting the day before. I didn’t pile on the fruit because it’s easier to cut with less. Mine baked for 10 minutes in an electric oven. Thanks for this and for answering my previous questions!


Made these a while ago with strawberries and blueberries for the Fourth of July weekend! Actually made them for two parties because the first group loved it so much got lots of compliments on the frosting which is light and sweetly tangy, and I personally love the chewy, dense cookie base. Would recommend people make them before summer fruits run out!!


Could I make the crust, freeze it, then defrost before I need it?


Yes, definitely.


Thanks for the quick reply.


I will make two this afternoon. 1 to try and one to freeze for Christmas. Can’t wait!


Dear Sally,


Thanks so much for your recipes! They are perfect, and very gluten free convertible. I simply add my xanthan gum to my flour blend and voila. I have done this so far with this and your brown sugar cinnamon pop tarts and now the tarts are a favorite for the restaurant I sell to here in the Thousand Islands. Great recipes, happy posting.


I was wondering if baking the dough on a pizza stone would give it a different flavor?


Just wanted to thank you for posting recipe. Im 30 and had not made this since middle school. I made this for potluck at work and now get requests for it everytime. The men just want to shake my hand. Best of all its just as amazing as i remembered it to be!


Btw sharing your site with all who ask for recipe


Using the refrigerated roll of Pillsbury Sugar cookie dough works great, too. In the recipe I use the “creamy deliciousness” is:


12 oz. nestle white chocolate chips with 1/4 cup half and half microwaved for 2 minutes then blended with hand mixer until all melted and smooth and then add 1) 8 oz. softened cheese and beat together until all smooth and creamy.


It will take your fruit pizza to a new level.


You won’t regret trying it…


I don’t have a pizza pan, just a pizza stone – I also have a quarter sheet pan – could I make it in a quarter sheet pan? Do you think I should double or 1.5x the dough? I’m excited to try this!


You can make in the quarter sheet pan, though I would 1.5x the dough to make sure it’s thick and sturdy corner to corner.


I made this for Memorial Day. Loved the sugar cookie crust. Your cream cheese frosting is my husband’s favorite frosting. Thanks for another great recipe!!


Hello, on the recipe for the frosting it says cream or milk. What kind of cream are you referring to?


Not only was this recipe AMAZING, she did an amazing job explaining exactly what needed to be done. I’ll be following her blog and making more of her recipes in the future!


I want to make this large enough to fill a standard size cookie sheet for a large gathering. Should I double the recipe? And how long should I increase the bake time to?


I would double the recipe– the bake time will be similar since the thickness would likely be the same.


Great recipe! Made it for the 4th with strawberries and blueberries and came out perfect! Will definitely be making again. Thanks!


I made this as a reward with the kids in my class. We used flavored cream cheese as it was on sale, and a bag of mixed frozen fruit (thawed). This allowed me to have the items needed on hand for a reward the next day after they earned it without worrying that I was forgetting an ingredient. This was so good we made it a second time! Thank you.


Hi I was wondering if this cookie recipe would work if I wanted to make individual fruit tarts by putting cookie dough circles in a cupcake pan. Do you have any recommendations on changes in baking time or temp in order to make smaller cookie fruit tarts turn out just as yummy as your fruit pizza.


So, I just tried to make this and I used wax paper to be able to transfer it to a dish. The wax paper caused the bottom to burn after 18 minutes and the cookie totally fell apart. But I’m gonna retry it with aluminum foil and hopefully that’ll do! Also, is there anyway to prevent it getting goopy while spreading it? I put it in the fridge for an hour and when I started spreading the warmth from my hands melted it and it got super hard to spread. Thanks!


Do not use wax paper– parchment paper is what you’ll need here. Or nothing at all; I like to grease it with butter or nonstick spray. You can spread it out with a spatula so the warmth of your hands doesn’t start to melt it.


Hi! Excited about the fruit pizza!


I would like to know your recommendation for how early before serving can I frost and fruit the pizza?


Could I do it in the morning for a party where we will serve it at 6pm? Or is it best to make it up just before serving? We will do a last minute 5th birthday party for a friend’s daughter in 2 days….. but I am not sure how much time after work I will have to prepare it.


Many thanks!


Jessica


I used a 15 inch baking stone but made the cookie 12 inches. I lightly greased the stone and hesitated if I should or not. It’s a good thing I left 3 inches around the pan because the cookie spread to the edges and yes I chilled it for an hour and a half 30 minutes of Which was in my freezer. I also left a live all the way around the edge which actress friend was no longer there . But the cookie looks perfect after it’s been basked. The dough seemed perfect so I don’t know why it’s spread to the edge of the pan


Oh my goodness I don’t know why my comment is so full of typos. What I meant was I left a raised edge all the way around but that was gone after it’s spread to the edges of the pan and then my raised edge that I left on there was no longer there. The cookie looks great I just don’t know why it’s spread. I chilled it for 1.5 hours


made this several times and it is an all time favorite!!! Absolutely the best dessert for company!!!


Hi, I was wondering, can I use a cupcake pan and turn it into cup sizes instead of using the pizza pan? And what would the cook time be if the cupcake pan is what I’m using. And how thin do I need to spread the dough onto the cupcake pan?!


Hi Nina, I’ve never tried it that way so I’m unsure of the amount of time and cookie dough. Though I’d say maybe fill each 1/2 way with cookie dough so they are a little thicker and don’t become too crispy.


I just made this for my daughters 15 th birthday.


Thanks for sharing!


Perfect recipe.


Delicious!!!


Oh, the icing is amazing enough just to have alongside chopped fruit.


I’ll be making this again.


Hi what kind of cream is used? And should I pre cut the cookie before I top it with fruit for a less messy cut? Or is cutting it as a whole fine. Wasn’t sure how the fruit cut


Classic colorful fruit pizza on a soft sugar cookie crust and topped with creamy, thick cream cheese frosting.


Here we go… birthday dessert #2! Here is birthday dessert #1 in case you missed it. I’ve been celebrating my 29th for a couple weeks now and am not stopping until we return from Colorado. We’re headed to Breckenridge next week to visit Kevin’s friends. Hiking, white water rafting, biking, eating, and all things summery and outdoorsy.


Yes, I’m marrying a bonafide mountain man. We balance each other out. Anyway, let’s talk fruit pizza. Two of my favorite things in one bright and colorful dessert.


(Yes, it tastes as good as it looks.)


Fruit pizza is the quintessential summer BBQ dessert. Sweet, creamy, juicy, and fruity from edge to edge. Each bite loaded with different fruit to go along with the cream cheese frosting and soft-baked cookie crust. I can’t remember a single summer without a slice!


Call me crazy, but I would rather eat a giant piece of pineapple-upside down cake than a fat slice of chocolate cake. Blueberry cupcakes instead of funfetti. Apple pie… all the damn time. Please join me in my fruit madness today.


If you can chop fruit, you can make today’s recipe. It’s beyond simple. I use my favorite sugar cookie recipe as the “crust” and bake on a pizza pan. Cookies as pizza crust. I should just leave you at that.


I use a little cornstarch in the cookie crust recipe to add a little extra softness. You’ll love it. Chill the buttery sugar cookie dough for 30 minutes to prevent it from spilling over the sides of your pizza pan. I learned this the hard way when I first started making fruit pizzas.


Flatten out onto the pan, like so:


Top with a thick layer of my favorite cream cheese frosting. If you love cream cheese frosting, you need this recipe. You may already be familiar, I use it in a ton of recipes.


Seriously, look how thick and creamy. You could even try adding a teaspoon of lemon juice for a sweet lemon cream cheese frosting on your fruit pizza.


Now let your creativity shine! Decorate the pizza with sliced fresh fruit– whichever fruit you love and in any pattern you love. The more colorful the fruit, the better.


A classic strawberry/blueberry combo is perfect for Memorial Day/4th of July/Labor Day. But I decided to go with the brightest fruits I could find on sale this time.


Because if not your birthday, when else can you enjoy rainbow desserts?


While I’ve made this recipe a few times before, I made the fruit pizza you see in these photos for a birthday dinner tonight. We’re going to Kevin’s parents to celebrate with his family. So, I apologize for not taking any “slice” photos this time. If I showed up with my birthday dessert already sliced, they’d think I’m even more strange.


Easy, fruity, crowd-pleasing. The combination of a soft buttery sugar cookie crust, with tangy frosting, and lots of fresh fruit is irresistible. All of your guests will want seconds!


I baked two of these beauties for tonight. Calories don’t count when it’s your birthday.


Follow me on Instagram and tag #sallysbakingaddiction so I can see all the SBA recipes you make. ♥


Fruit Pizza


Yield: serves 10-12


Prep Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes (includes chilling)


Total Time: 2 hours (includes cooling)


Classic colorful fruit pizza on a soft sugar cookie crust and topped with creamy, thick cream cheese frosting.


1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature


3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar


1 large egg, at room temperature


1 teaspoon vanilla extract


1/4 teaspoon salt


1 teaspoon baking powder


1/2 teaspoon baking soda


1 and 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch


8 oz (224g) full-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature


1/4 cup (60g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature


2 cups (240g) confectioners' sugar


1-2 Tablespoons (15-30ml) cream or milk


1 teaspoon vanilla extract


assorted sliced fresh fruit


Make the crust: In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the softened butter for about 1 minute on medium speed. Get it nice and smooth, then add the sugar and beat on medium speed until fluffy and light in color. Beat in egg and vanilla. Scrape down the sides as needed.


In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cornstarch together. With the mixer running on low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Once completely combined, cover the dough tightly and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes and up to 1 day. Without chilling, your cookie dough may spread over the sides of the pan.


Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Grease a 12-inch pizza pan. Remove chilled cookie dough from the refrigerator and press onto the pizza pan in an even flat circle, as pictured above. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the edges are very lightly browned. Overbaking will lend a hard crust. Allow crust to cool completely before decorating. I put the crust in the refrigerator after 10 minutes of cooling at room temperature - this sped up the process.


I usually use this time (as the crust cools) to chop the fruit.


Make the frosting: In a medium bowl using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese and butter together on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the confectioners’ sugar and 1 Tbsp cream. Beat for 2 minutes. Add the vanilla and 1 more Tbsp cream if needed to thin out. Beat for 1 minute. Spread in a thick layer over the cooled sugar cookie crust. Decorate with fruit.


Cut into slices and serve. Leftovers keep well in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.


Make ahead tip: Prepare the cookie \"crust\" and frosting 1 day in advance-- cover each tightly and keep the cookie at room temperature and the frosting in the refrigerator. Frost and assemble the day of serving.


© Sally’s Baking Addiction. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.


Try these two fruity recipes next this summer.


See more fruity, colorful recipes


Original article and pictures take http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2014/05/23/fruit-pizza/ site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий