воскресенье, 6 ноября 2016 г.

A Simple DIY Wood Christmas Wreath

A Simple DIY Wood Christmas Wreath


A Simple DIY Wood Christmas Wreath


Thank you so much for having me on your beautiful blog today Friend! I appreciate you allowing me to show one of my creations to all of your lovely readers. xxx


I am SO, SO happy to share your beautiful wreath and your lovely blog Maria! Thank you!


Wow. I LOVE this wreath. For some reason I just do not like wreaths, I never seem to find any that I like. Then comes this post and I LOVE IT. But of course I have no clue where to find the little sticks so I probably will never have a wreath. But I am certainly going to try to hunt them down. LoL. Thank you!


Isn’t it pretty Stacy? Maria is so creative! If you can’t track down those pretty little sticks, I bet you could just chop up a few sticks into smaller pieces, put it all together and then give it a quick spray of white paint too


Love this idea for a rustic wreath!


Isn’t it pretty Marie? I absolutely love it too!


love this wreath!! So creative!


Isn’t it pretty Shawnna? Maria is so creative!


I love this wreath! I have a friend who decorates in a rustic style and this will be perfect for her. I know what she’s getting for Christmas now! Thanks. Pinning.


Oh good! I’m so happy you’re feeling inspired Virginia! I absolutely adore this sweet wreath that Maria came up with!


Kristi. This is so pretty. It is so you! Light and airy. Your style to be sure. I love that you used the pretty twigs to make the wreath. And the star is the fnishing touch!


Thank you Mary! My sweet friend Maria actually made this and you’re right, it is TOTALLY my style! I love it!!!


This is gorgeous! I love it so much! What a beautiful decoration for winter!


Isn’t it pretty! I just love the muted colours and rustic style! Maria is just so creative!


This is so pretty Kristi, it would totally go with my style, I’m in love! I love to add wood and nature to my decor! Very cute idea!


I love decorating with wood too Katrin! Maria did a fabulous job creating this lovely wreath!


This is adorable,Maria! The bleached sticks are beautiful and I just love that ribbon!


Isn’t it just so pretty Sarah! And such a great job styling it too!


Thank you so much Sarah. Glad you like it I love it also! It’s hanging above my fireplace mantel right now but finding a more permanent spot for it for Christmas! I love the ribbon also!


Great idea and so very cute!


Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!


Blessings,


Cindy


This is beautiful! I love how it turned out. Now I have to go gather up some sticks to make some for me!


Awwwww, that’s totally my plan too Kati! Maria did such an amazing job with this!


This is such a cool and unique wreath!! I think it would be great to use all year round. Thanks for the tutorial!


You’re totally right Keri! It could definitely work all year round! Maria totally knocked it out of the park with this one!


I love this rustic look and it seems simple to make!


I absolutely adore it too Valerie! Maria did such an amazing job!


I love this as an alternative to an evergreen wreath. Beautiful work!


Isn’t it pretty Sandra! I love what Maria came up with!!!


Super cute!!! Thanks for sharing with us at our Inspired by you link party!


Thank you SO much Fotini!


I just love it!! Cheap but lovely, my kind of project!


Thanks for sharing with us at Two Uses Tuesday!


Happy Thanksgiving!


Isn’t it pretty Pili?! Maria did such an amazing job! Thanks so much!


Yes, she did!! I’m featuring it the next Tuesday at my blog at the party Two Used Tuesday.


Happy Sunday!


How exciting! Thanks so much Pili!


This is really beautiful. I love the ribbon she chose!


Isn’t it so pretty Jessica! I love it too!


I’m just stopping by to let you know that your amazing wood wreath will be featured at our party, Monday @ 7 pm. Woo Hoo! Pinned and tweeted. Thank you for sharing this with us and we hope to see you tomorrow night! Lou Lou Girls


Thank you so much Kimberly!


So clever – and pretty! Thanks so much for sharing your tutorial with us at Talented Tuesdays! I think I just found my weekend project!


Thank you SO much Amy! Maria did an amazing job with this lovely wreath and now I’m just dying to make one too!


Hey ladies,


This wreath is so simple but beautiful! Love that wood deer, tree & stars too! Fantastic job! Stopping by to let you know you are being featured on Friday’s P3 Party post! Have a great week! Thanks for pinning!


Best,


Kim


Thank you! Maria did such an amazing job, I’m so thrilled you’ll be sharing it Kim! Thanks again!


This lovely DIY Wood Christmas Wreath is not only beautiful, but it’s so simple to make!


I’m so, so excited to be be guest blogging for Kristi here at Making It In The Mountain today! My name is Maria and I talk all things DIY, Craft and Lifestyle over at Pastels & Macarons.


With Christmas coming up I’m starting to think of all of the Christmas Crafts, DIY’s and Printables I want to embark on this year. This time of the year goes by so fast and before we know it, it’s the big day. This year I wanted to be a little more organized the the previous and start my decorating and projects early.


I love anything wood, rustic and vintage and really wanted to make a rustic Christmas Mantel display this year. I found some beautiful Christmas trees and deer heads at my local craft store that where perfect and exactly what I was looking for but then wanted a nice rustic wreath that was a bit different to go with the entire look.


I came by some bleached white wood sticks (if that’s what you want to call them) at a cheap homewares store about a month ago and snapped up a couple of large bags for about $5! I know, cheap! Love it. I knew these pretties where going to be used for something but at the time I didn’t know what.


So when I found the deer head and Christmas tree I knew these sticks where the perfect item to create my rustic Wood Christmas Wreath!


I had a simple idea in mind and had actually sat down and drew out how I wanted my wreath to look. I just hoped it looked as pretty as I imagined it and to be honest I feel it’s turned out exactly, if not better than I had imagined it which I’m so happy about.


What you will need to create your own DIY Wood Christmas Wreath


Materials


Short, bleached wood sticks (in assorted thicknesses)


Twine


Ribbon (I chose a country style ribbon to go with my rustic look)


Wooden hoop (small or medium depending on how big you want it)


Wooden Star/s (small)


White Spray Paint


Hot Glue


Step 1


Begin by spay painting the wooden hoop and allowing it to dry.


Step 2


Then start gluing on the end of the sticks to the hoop making sure to mic thin and thick sticks. Some sticks may also be long than other so play around until you get an even feel all around.


Step 3


Once you have glued on all of your sticks, hot glue some twine to your star/stars. I was going to use three starts but decided that one star was enough. Play around and see what you prefer.


Step 4


Get a long piece of twine and tie the two ends together.


Step 5


Wrap the twine around your wreath and pull the knotted end through the loop at the end of the twine. Pull tight to secure. Now if this doesn’t make sense I’m sorry. I can’t think of a better way to explain it! Haha.


Step 6


So that it doesn’t move around, finish securing it with a little hot glue.


Step 7


Continue by making a pretty bow tie for your wreath and hot gluing it on to your wreath. I paced my wreath on the back of a chair so I could see exactly where I needed to glue my bow.


Step 8


Finish by hot gluing the star to the top, centre of the wreath.


There you have it. Easy Peasy right?!


I hope you enjoyed todays easy DIY Wood Christmas Wreath tutorial and that it inspires you to get creating for the festive season!!


Thank you so much to Kristi for having me on her gorgeous blog today. I have enjoyed so much sharing with you a little bit of what I’m so passionate about.


For more Crafts, DIY’s, Freebies, Recipes & More pop over to my blog Pastels & Macarons! Feel free to say hello, I always love hearing from readers!


You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter!


Original article and pictures take http://www.makingitinthemountains.com/simple-diy-wood-christmas-wreath/ site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий