воскресенье, 6 ноября 2016 г.

Garden Bucket Tool Belt - gardenmatter.com

Garden Bucket Tool Belt - gardenmatter.com


Garden Bucket Tool Belt - gardenmatter.com


Just wanted to let you know I used your tutorial for the garden bucket apron and it turned out fantastic. Can’t wait til spring to use it. I’m here at your website now to reprint the pattern so I can make one for a gardening friend. Thanks so much for posting this. The pattern is very easy to follow. I used double thickness material and used upholstery weight material so it would be really sturdy. and I used some ready made quilt binding that I happened to have on hand for the edging. Thanks again!!


Hi Pam,


Thank you so much for sharing that with me. You made my day!


Thank you for posting this tutorial!


Hi Becky,


So glad you like it!


I am making the Garden Bucket Tool Belt for a gift. It is a wonderful gift for gardeners. I use a bucket like this all the time. After making several for spring gifts, I will make me one.


Thank you for the guide. Question: did you show a method to cut bias tape? It was a wonderful way to fold a square and cut the tape from left over materials. I was wanting to match the bias tape with the bucket materials. Thanks… Love your blog.


Hi Debi,


I’m so glad you liked the garden bucket tool belt project. Unfortunately my bias tape was purchased. I’ve noticed a few other posts on how to make your own. Many use a little tool but I did find this video from McCalls that may be helpful. http://www.mccallsquilting.com/mccallsquilting/articles/continuous_bias however, it is only a single fold binding tape.


Thanks for stopping by,


Patti


I made this for my husband in one afternoon, it came out so nicely! Very straightforward and glad I could finish it in a few hours. Thanks for a great tutorial! I used denim. A functional gift I know we will both use.


Hi Karrie,


So glad you like the tutorial. Denim is a great idea and should last a long time.


Thanks for stopping by,


Patti


When I garden I always carry around a bucket with a handle for weeds or extra soil depending on what I am doing. Several years ago I made a tool belt or apron for the bucket which is great for holding my pruners, twine and other garden necessities.


Here’s what it looks like:


Garden Bucket Tool Belt


It’s still pretty functional but with all the pretty fabric on the market today I thought I’d treat myself to a new one and show you how it’s made.


Materials


3/4-1 yd sturdy fabric (duct or heavy twill, denim)


1.25 yds – 1 inch cotton twill


4 yds -1/2 inch double fold bias tape


2 D rings


The Process


Cut the fabric as shown below:


Sew the bias tape on the small pocket first.


Press 1/4 inch of the sides and bottom of pocket.


Place the pocket on long piece (Part A), face down with bottom edge 2 inches from the edge and sew.


Flip over and top stitch sides. Then sew another line of stitching about 1/3 of the way in to make 2 pockets within the pocket.


Sew bias tape on top of Part A.


Next pin Parts A and B together lining up the bottom edge with the right sides showing.


Pin the top corner of Part B sides to match Part A.


Fold the excess fabric in from the sides at an angle and cut.


Sew side and bottom edges of Part A to Part B.


Then sew a line of stitching on both sides of the small pocket from the bottom.


Then sew the bias tape all along the sides and bottom.


Repeat with the remaining pieces. (except for the small pocket)


Then attach the two sections together with the 1 inch cotton twill trim at the top leaving enough space between the two pieces to fit around the handles. I used two rows of stitching for stability.


Turn in 1 inch of the end of the trim and sew.


Sew D rings on the other end of the trim and you are finished.


Much prettier, right?


Now I just need to clean my bucket and tools.


Garden Bucket Tool Belt - gardenmatter.com


Original article and pictures take http://gardenmatter.com/diy-garden-bucket-tool-belt/ site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий