воскресенье, 6 ноября 2016 г.

How to Make Homemade Moon Sand Recipe (Taste Safe)

How to Make Homemade Moon Sand Recipe (Taste Safe)


How to Make Homemade Moon Sand Recipe (Taste Safe)


Hi, I tried this at home. Only 3 ingredients and easy to do, also so much fun! I’m slightly worried about “sugar” in case it attracts ants. What other ingredient I can use instead of sugar? And one question, why do you call it “moon sand”?


I have no idea why they call it moon sand! lol


How do you store this? And how long does it stay “good” for?


use a plastic tub or a ziplock bag store in the cupboard for a week or 3. Ours never last past month as the kids put all sorts of things in the sand and for them that keep tasting it, it is better to make a new one after this time.


Thanks for sharing. I’ve never used brown sugar.


I love that this is taste safe. I may have to make some of this for my youngest.


The kids were just asking about moon sand…. Going to whip some up!


this looks like an interesting recipe- I will be sure to try it out soon with my munchkin!


I’ve been excited to see how your taste safe version turned out! It looks lovely! I have to agree with you about the cloud dough. I think I liked it better too.


This looks fun! Is corn flour the sane as corn starch? And what kind of oil did you use in your recipe?


the corn flour tends to be yellow where as the corn starch is white and used as a thickener. I used veg oil. Thanks for asking! I updated the post with these details too.


This looks so easy to make. I might have to make some for my youngest son. Thank you for sharing.


Welcome to our 5th month of sensory doughs and our effort to make them taste safe. This month I would like to share with you how to make moon sand, HOMEMADE moon sand recipe!


Today we were inspired by Anna from the The Imagination Tree and her absolutely gorgeous purple and pink moon sand.


Catch up with all our sensory doughs here.


This is our attempt to make this recipe taste safe – because 2 of my 3 kids still like to taste everything despite the fact that I try my hardest to get them not to.


To make taste safe homemade moon sand recipe you will need:


2 cups of brown sugar


2 cups of corn flour (corn starch will also work)


10 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used olive oil)


Our first experiment came out a glob of goo with water, so I went with the veg oil this time around. The corn flour was yellow so I decided to leave it as is without coloring it.


To make: Mix the dry ingredients together first then add the oil.


The result was fantastic! Take a look at the mold-ability of this homemade moon sand recipe!


My just turned 5 year old had fun building all sorts of things and using cookies cutters to make shapes. He then made little castles and immediately smashed them before I could snap a picture. I love how easy moon sand is to play with!


My almost 2 year old wasn’t too sure about the homemade moon sand stuff and handed her brother the shapes at first. Later on she ventured to making a few herself.


Because this moon sand recipe contains sugar I was a little scared the stuff would be so sticky. But with the cornflour binds with the oil and sugar to create minimum residue on the hands.


There was enough to bother my 5 year old though, he kept wiping his hands on his pants, which put the moon sand on the floor. It was rather easy to sweep up though because of the consistency.


Personally I love the cloud dough we made a ton more than the homemade moon sand!


Pin this how to make moon sand recipe for later and also follow us on Pinterest here!


40K+


Loved this homemade moon sand and made your own? Please share with us on facebook!


Take a look at all these other super inventive ways to make homemade moon sand from my co-hosts!


Original article and pictures take http://www.powerfulmothering.com/taste-safe-moon-sand/ site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий