воскресенье, 6 ноября 2016 г.

I hope you like these as much as I do! I think they add a nice pop of color to any cookie platter.

I hope you like these as much as I do! I think they add a nice pop of color to any cookie platter.


I hope you like these as much as I do! I think they add a nice pop of color to any cookie platter.


These are so pretty and right up my alley! Do you think I could just skip the shortening in the melted white chocolate? I don’t buy it any more but do have coconut oil, if that would work.


The shortening just makes the chocolate a bit of a smoother consistency and easier to work with for dipping. I’m not sure if the coconut oil would work but you could just try skipping the shortening.


Do you suggest freezing the dough so the cookies do not spread when you bake them?


I didn’t freeze mine and didn’t get much spread but if your dough has warmed up a bit from mixing it, you could place it in the fridge (or freezer) to cool it down. Good tip!


What a great decorative cookies for the Christmas period! After all preparation fever (clening, buying or making presents) these cookies will be the best remuneration, I am sure kids (the little helpers) will love them!


Do you think these could just be rolled in a ball then flattened with a glass before baking, instead of rolling them?


That should work too – just make sure it is uniformly flattened. You could also just roll it all into a log and slice.


I am a huge shortbread lover and have been having fun putting a new twist on my old favorite. A couple of weeks ago I shared my Peppermint Chocolate Shortbread recipe, and today I have some Red Velvet shortbread for you.


These cookies can be stored for up to 3 months in an airtight container, so feel free to double or triple the recipe and keep some extras on hand. I hear that they are also one of Santa’s favorites so you may want to save a couple for Christmas Eve!


1¼ cups flour


2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder


½ cup butter, cut up


1 tablespoon red food coloring


3 ounces white chocolate, chopped


white sugar flake sprinkles


Preheat the oven to 325F.


In a medium bowl, stir together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender {or your hands!}, cut in butter and food coloring until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Form into a ball and knead until smooth.


On a lightly floured surface, roll or pat the dough out to approximately a ½ inch thickness. Use a floured round cookie cutter to cut out the dough (I did mine about a 1½ inch diameter).


Place the cookies 1 inch apart on on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes until the centers are set. Cool.


In a saucepan, melt the white chocolate and shortening over low heat, stirring constantly. Roll the edges of the cookies in the melted chocolate and then sprinkle with the sugar flakes. Let stand until set.


Cookies may be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months.


The recipe makes approximately 18-20 1 1/2 inch diameter cookies, but they would still be a good size if you cut them down to 1 inch cookies and you would probably get closer to 30 cookies.


I hope you like these as much as I do! I think they add a nice pop of color to any cookie platter


Original article and pictures take http://www.cleanandscentsible.com/2014/12/red-velvet-shortbread-cookies.html site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий