воскресенье, 6 ноября 2016 г.

Pumpkin Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (Includes vegan version)

Pumpkin Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (Includes vegan version)


Pumpkin Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (Includes vegan version)


I was just thinking to myself the other day – I really need to make use of my donut pan! These look like the perfect way to do just that AND welcome my favourite season!


Bust that pan out, girl Fall is my favorite season, too!


No eggs?


Hi Laura! Yes, no eggs in this recipe.


Yesssssssss


Thank you, girl! So ready for PUMPKIN season


Made them for grandkids this morning …. LOVED them!!!!


Hi Cyndi! So happy to hear it


Are these gluten free? Either recipe?


Hi Cassie. No, neither recipe is gluten free. However a gluten free 1 for 1 flour may work.


Can this batter be put in muffin pans?


Hi Lili. I’ve never tried, so I cannot say for sure. If you do try, be sure to increase the baking time, as muffins take around 20 minutes typically. Please let us know if you give it a try!


Concerning your donut pan. You say, “here’s the one I’ve been using for the past 3 years…”, but did not mention brand. Is it perhaps Wilton, or some other brand?


Thanks for responding


Hi. The photo link for the pan I use is right below that comment (Norpro brand). If you’re still not seeing the link, please let me know and I’ll send it to you.


Any replacement if I don’t own a donut pan?


It this dough bread-like enough to roll out and cut and hold it’s shape?


Hi Kelley. This recipe requires a donut pan. The batter is too thin to hold shape.


Best vegan donuts I’ve had and so easy to make. I used cake flour and sifted the dry ingredients but other than that I used the exact recipe and it was great. Thank you!


SO happy to hear it, Elana!


Can i use whole wheat flour instead ?


Hi Juls. The texture will likely be more dense if you sub whole wheat flour.


I just used whole wheat flour, and they still were light and fluffy!


I hope you don’t mind, but I enjoyed your pumpkin recipe so much, that I put a link to it on my new blog. I can’t wait for Autumn http://www.frolicinflorida.com


Amazing and super easy!


Can I make these in one of those baby cakes donut makers?


Hi Julie. I’ve never used a baby cakes donut maker, so I’m not sure how that product would work with this recipe. If you give it a try, I’d love to hear how it turns out


Made these this morning. Super easy, and really tasty. Made a double batch, because why not? Thanks the recipe!


OMG! I have made six of your donut recipes so far. All amazing but this one is hands down my favorite so far! Addictive. YUMMO!!!!!!


I was so excited to make these this morning, and am sorry to say I am equally as disappointed in the result. I’ve been a baker for many years, and in reviewing the recipe I was concerned that there wasn’t enough pumpkin in the recipe to provide the necessary flavor. They look beautiful out of the oven – plump and moist, but what I taste is sugar, then cinnamon, and a faint hint of pumpkin as an after taste. Definitely not what I was hoping for…


Hi Diane. I’m so sorry you were disappointed with the amount of pumpkin flavor in this recipe. Unfortunately pumpkin is tricky to bake with, and adding more than the called for amount in such a small scale recipe would lead to gummy donuts.


Just pulled these bad boys out of the oven and the tops are flat and lumpy instead of perfectly rounded. Any suggestions on how I can fix that with the next batch? Regardless, they smell and look delicious, so they’re gonna be devoured!


Not enough flavor in the donut only in the cinnamon suger


I made this recipe yesterday. It was a nice easy project to do with my 5yr old. We didn’t have a cake pan so we used the baby cakes cake pop maker. It took a couple tries to get them cooked perfectly, the timer on the cooker wasn’t in sync with the recipe. It took about 5-6 minutes for perfection. I have been unable to buy store bought due to a dairy allergy so thank you far creating one, and for making them healthier by not frying.


These are Delicious! What is their shelf life and since they ate drizzled with butter should leftovers be refrigerated?


Happy day, my friends! Today is all about pumpkin, sugar, and DONUTS! Confession: I’ve been dreaming about these fluffy pumpkin cinnamon sugar donuts since JUNE. What can I say? My pumpkin loving heart knows no seasons. Then again, I’m the girl who made blackened chicken ramen noodle soup in July… so maybe all of this is no surprise?


If you’re anything like me, you adore donuts in pretty much any form! That said, I am a baked donut enthusiast and choose to bust out my donut pan over boiling a pot of oil 99.9% of the time. I like my donuts fat and fluffy. Sometimes baked donuts can be too cake-y and soft, but this version is fluffy yet firm. <— The best of both worlds, baby ♥♥♥


So here’s the nitty gritty on what you’ll need to make these dreamy donuts a reality! For the dry ingredients you’ll need all-purpose flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. For the wet ingredients you’ll need milk (or almond milk), pumpkin pie puree (yes, the one with the spices already added in), and melted butter (or liquified coconut oil). You’ll also need granulated sugar and ground cinnamon to make the cinnamon sugar coating.


I thought about adding a drizzle or glaze to these donuts, but after test-tasting batch after batch, I decided to allow the natural charm of these pumpkin donuts to shine on their own. Sometimes less is more, ya know?


A few years ago I tackled vegan baking and you guys seemed to really dig it. So today I’m offering you TWO recipes below. The first being a traditional baked pumpkin cinnamon sugar donut and the second being a VEGAN baked pumpkin cinnamon sugar donut. I made both batches for a party last weekend, placed them on the same platter (don’t worry – no one at the party was vegan!) and guess what? None of my friends mentioned tasting a difference between the two. Both versions are sweet, fluffy, and suuuuper addicting!


P.S. If you’re just dipping your toes into the baked donut game and are shopping for a donut pan, here’s the one I have been using for the past 3 years. It’s considerably cheap, very sturdy, and well, I just love it!


Original article and pictures take http://bakerbynature.com/pumpkin-cinnamon-sugar-donuts-includes-vegan-version/ site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий