воскресенье, 6 ноября 2016 г.

Pumpkin Pie & Apple Oatmeal

Pumpkin Pie & Apple Oatmeal


Pumpkin Pie & Apple Oatmeal


This Pumpkin Pie and Apple Oatmeal is an easy, filling, and cozy breakfast to help you get your morning off to a great start during those chilly fall and winter months.


It’s FALL! With it comes cool, crisp mornings, apple season, pumpkin season, and of course, pumpkin spice season! I love finally being able to take out my boots and sweaters, turn on my a/c and pretend that I live in a cooler climate that actually has seasons…I am in Southern California after all! Either way, the pumpkins and apples are here for the season and I plan to take full advantage of that!


I have always been a fan of oatmeal. I remember opening those little paper packets, adding the milk and cooking it in the microwave as a kid. As an adult, I realized that there are much better ways to prepare oatmeal, and they are almost just as easy!


Take this Pumpkin Oatmeal for example. It cooked on the stove in less than 10 minutes, uses simple ingredients, and it tastes SO much better than the pre-packaged stuff you can buy at the store. I mean, we are talking 100 times better!


The oats are cooked with the milk, and then pumpkin, apples, brown sugar and spices are stirred in and cooked for a few more minutes, just to help soften the apples. Of course, if you like that crunch you can adjust the cooking times accordingly.


The end result is a rich and creamy oatmeal with hints of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger and bits of crunchy, tart apples. What’s great about making this at home is that you can adjust the tastes and consistency to your liking. I like a nice thick oatmeal but if that’s not your thing, just add more milk. To finish off my bowl of Pumpkin Pie & Apple Oatmeal, I like to sprinkle on toppings like brown sugar and pecans or maple syrup.


For more great breakfast ideas, try these:


For all breakfast recipes go HERE and for the Recipe Index go HERE.


Want more pumpkin? Go HERE


Original article and pictures take http://www.yellowblissroad.com/pumpkin-pie-apple-oatmeal/ site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий