воскресенье, 6 ноября 2016 г.

Taco Bake is a delightful Tex-Mex dish.

Taco Bake is a delightful Tex-Mex dish.


Taco Bake is a delightful Tex-Mex dish.


Hi, Deena. It’s always a winner when the whole family likes dinner! So glad everyone liked the recipe.


Thank you! I got this as a “mommy meal” after I had my 4th kiddo. As I was scooping seconds and calling dibs on the leftovers, my husband just stared in disbelief. “You don’t even like this kind of thing!” And he’s right – I usually don’t . But this is delicious!


Hi Kaitie, that sounds like a great idea! Thanks for sharing.


So glad you and your family liked the dish, Ann. Thanks for letting me know what you thought.


Loved it and so did hubby… Have fixed this as per recipe and since have changed it up and added black beans and Mexican corn. and doubled the amount of cheese ;)This recipe works great with shredded chicken also. Love a recipe that I can stick to the recipe and it sticks to the ribs or one that I can add my own twist to. Thank you from both hubby and I and all that has shared… This recipe is on my rotation for monthly meal planning ;)))


Hi Casey. Greek yogurt breaks down too much in recipes like this. I think you are better off sticking with sour cream – and not fat free either. Hope you enjoy it.


I love this recipe. I make a few changes though. I always crush the chips up a little. I like to use a cup or so of salsa instead of the can of tomatoes and green chilis, this is all I had when I first made it and it worked great. I also add a can of black beans and a can of corn. I mix the two together and add it as one of my layers. And of course extra cheese is always the way to go!


This was a big hit for my family. I did two pounds of meat and added black beans. It was a little dry as some said but not to the point that you couldn’t eat it or even messed with the taste. Will be making this again. And especially love how it was super easy!


This was amazing!! After a long day at work, I was hesitant to try a new recipe because I’m very new to cooking. I used fresh tomatoes, and chili powder instead of taco seasoning due to what I had. Omg this was great!!! Seriously. You saved the day and renewed my faith that one day I can be a good cook.


So glad you and your family liked it Karen. I think the key is to add extra cheese (or other ingredients like beans) and not to bake it too long. Since everything is already cooked, you basically just want to melt the cheese in this recipe. Thanks for sharing your experience with me and others.


Sorry but this was not worth the effort. Dry and no flavor. My kids love nachos and making them the old fashion way is just better. A good mix of queso cheese and all the extras.


So glad you enjoyed it, Kristina. It’s such an easy dish to make, too.


Loved this taco bake! I added a can of black beans and added just a dash of chili powder and it was awesome! My 19 month old gobbled it up! It reheats well too for next day lunches. Thank you for sharing this recipe!


This is so good! Thank you for the recipe! I sometimes add 1 can of black beans if I have it but otherwise make it as written and WE LOVE IT!


my sister has made something like this but has used tortilla soft shells and added refried beans with it it is so good and can be reheated without getting to chewy or stale


Perhaps. We’ve never found these dry, but maybe you need to use less tortilla chips for each layer.


Making nachos or bean dip that you would dip your chips in would be better in my opinion. This turned out stale and tough. Would not recommend this recipe because the ingredients not all baked together just eaten would have been better. My recommendation if you really wanna make this would be to do all the ingredients except the chips. Then when its all hot and gooey serve over chips like nachos. That sounds amazing.


Maria, I don’t think I cover the recipe before baking. Just bake like it is. If your oven seems really hot, though, and the cheese looks like it’s getting brown, then cover with foil.


Love this recipe! Easy to make and delicious. We added a can of retried beans to the mix and substituted Doritos instead of Tostitos. Awesome turn out!


This was SO GOOD. We added a can of refried beans to the meat mixture. It was amazing.


Thanks so much for sharing, Megan. I appreciate it. I bake stuff for a friend with Celiac Disease all the time, and I’ve never had trouble with using lean ground beef or any kind of cheese. But I know you can’t be too careful these days.


This isn’t a big deal if you’re going GF just to do it, but if you’re looking for something to serve to someone with celiac’s disease, the meat in your picture and the shredded cheese have gluten in them. You have to buy meat that is labeled gluten free, and as far as I know, all preshredded cheese have gluten. You have to buy the block cheese (look for gluten free on the label) and shred it yourself. Sometimes even sour cream and canned goods have gluten. (Hunts brand is GF– you have to call the company to find out). Just a friendly note.


Hi, Allie, you can try it but I do think the chips will get soggy this way. It’s best to assemble and bake it immediately.


Years ago I found this really simple Taco Bake recipe from allrecipes.com with very few ingredients. It’s so quick and easy to assemble and in about 15 minutes you can have this casserole ready to put in the oven. It’s quite adaptable too if you want to add a few other ingredients, such as green onions, corn, black or pinto beans, jalapeno pepper slices or olives. I made this recipe last week for a young family who just had a newborn. If you’re family is into anything Tex-Mex they will adore this wonderful, comforting main dish. It is a little like eating nachos in casserole form.


Taco Bake has tortilla chips on the bottom, then a layer of ground beef mixed with taco seasoning, sour cream and green chilies, followed by a layer of shredded cheese. The layers are repeated a time or two ending with more cheese on top. It is SOOOOO easy. Choose a gluten free, MSG free taco seasoning or make up my Homemade Taco Seasoning recipe from scratch for healthier options.


If you need a quick and easy main dish recipe to throw together quickly because you are at ball practices, doctor’s appointments, or other venues late in the day, consider having these ingredients on hand and whip up this easy casserole. You can be ready to eat in about an hour! This is a great recipe to teach your kids how to cook, too. It has so few steps and turns out so wonderfully–they will be greatly encouraged in cooking after making this tasty entree for dinner. This only has seven ingredients so it is an easy recipe even for a novice cook!


When I initially posted this recipe in June 2012, I had just begun my blog. I made Taco Bake a second time that year and retook the pictures, but they were taken with a small iPhone camera so the pictures were not of the quality I would have liked. Plus, I had baked the recipe in foil pans which are so hard to photograph because of the glare. I’ve been remaking all my first year pictures as a result, and reshooting pictures that are more pleasing. I remade Taco Bake in October 2015 for a church potluck and it again was a real winner with everyone. I believe you’ll think so too.


Taco Bake is not only quick and easy, it’s a sumptuous feast! Add some cornbread and a side salad and you have a really tasty meal.


Taco Bake is a delightful Tex-Mex dish. Taco Bake is a great Tex-Mex casserole you’re sure to love.


Here’s what I did.


I used these ingredients. I made up my own Homemade Taco Seasoning in the plastic bowl.


Brown ground beef. Drain if necessary. Add a can of undrained diced tomatoes and chilies, taco seasoning, sour cream and water.


Stir together and heat through about 5-10 minutes. Spray casserole dish with cooking spray. Spread a layer of corn tortilla chips on the bottom. Crumble a little of the ground beef mixture over top of the tortilla chips. Sprinkle with a layer of cheese. Repeat layers: add another layer of corn tortilla chips, then meat mixture, finally cheese. Repeat layers once again making sure cheese is on top. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes until cheese is bubbly.


Taco Bake is a wonderful dish for company, especially if you enjoy Tex-Mex entrees with lots of cheese.


Doesn’t Taco Bake look marvelous?


Here’s the recipe.


Taco Bake – IMG_1985


If you’re looking for a quick and easy entree, Taco Bake sure fits the bill.


Taco Bake is so easy to prepare, even your kids can make it! But it’s also very easy to amp up the flavor and texture by adding other ingredients like corn, black beans, olives, green onions, bell peppers, jalapeno pepper slices or substituting Pepper Jack cheese for part or all of the cheddar cheese in the recipe


Original article and pictures take http://cantstayoutofthekitchen.com/2012/06/28/taco-bake/ site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий