воскресенье, 6 ноября 2016 г.

White Spinach Queso

White Spinach Queso


White Spinach Queso


Hi! This looks great, but I have a question. In the description you say it calls for white cheddar cheese and the ingredient list states white American cheese. Which is it? I prefer cheddar since it’s not as processed as American, but hey, cheesy goodness is hard to beat either way. Just wondering which is correct.


White cheddar cheese. Thanks for catching that!


This recipe was a complete fail. Rather then a dip it was a thick curdled mess. I was so embarrassed to go to a bbq empty handed because this dip did not work out. I also think the measurements are way off. Far too much spinach and canned tomatoes. Sorry but I would not recommend this recipe.


I am sorry it didn’t turn out. It works out amazing every time for me and is not curdled at all!


I agree. Mine turned out to be the same as your Kayla. Really disappointed, to be honest. Was looking forward to eating it.


Do you think it could be transferred to a slow cooker (after it’s been cooked in the skillet) to keep warm for a party?


I think so! But I am not sure. I am making it for New Year’s and I am going to try it.


My silly small town store doesn’t have white cheddar. But they do have quest fresco. I wonder if that Would that work in place of the cheddar?


Just wondering how this recipe did in the slow cooker? Also, I’m wanting to serve this at a Super Bowl party. Recommendations on doubling or tripling the recipe?


Well, I made this for Super Bowl today and although it tastes very good, the consistency of the dip suffers. It’s very “grainy” tasting. Even though I added a small amount of white Velveetta, I think the use of CHEDDAR cheese is the cause of the graininess.


Next time, I think I will use white American cheese, which is much easier to find in my local supermarket. I think it will make it a creamier consistency.


All in all very tasty, but not the mouth feel I was expecting.


I could not get the milk and cheeses to come together. The cheeses melted and stayed gooey while the milk just slushed around the side of the pan. I’m going to try and bake it to see if that will help before serving.


I tried this today, it was looking great but then I added the spinach and Rotel! It turned to a watery mess with a glob of melted cheese. I was so disappointed.


Great recipe, though needs flour to bind the milk and cheese so its not a cheese glob. I sprinkled some flour on the final product to fix. Delicious recipe.


I love the flavors in this dip. Sadly my dip separated as well. Any ideas how to salvage this hot mess?


Melty white cheese, spinach, jalapeños, and diced tomatoes come together in this incredible dip! This is a must make dip that you won’t be able to get enough of!


One of my favorite dips on the blog is this Chili’s Queso Dip. We recently visited Chili’s and they had a new dip on the menu. White Spinach Queso. Oh my heavens. It instantly became a new favorite with the first bite. I had to make it at home for our family.


We had a little get together this past weekend and I knew that it had to be made. This dip comes together easily. White cheddar and pepper jack cheese, jalapeños, diced tomatoes, and spinach all come together in this flavorful and cheesy dip. Before you know it, it is melted and ready for you to dip your chip into.


This is the best dip that you will make. I just couldn’t get enough of it. One chip turned into two and two turned into a million. I seriously could have eaten this entire dip myself! This is a must make dip and perfect for the upcoming football season. You are going to love it!


Melty white cheese, spinach, jalapeños, and diced tomatoes come together in this incredible dip! This is a must make dip that you won't be able to get enough of!


1 Tablespoon olive oil


½ cup white onion, diced


1 jalapeno, seeded and diced


12 ounces white american cheese, cubed or shredded


4 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded


⅔ cup half and half (milk will also work)


1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles, drained (also known as ROTEL)


2 cups fresh spinach, chopped


½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped


In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and jalapeño and salute until tender. Add the cheese and half and half and continue stirring until melted.


Add the canned tomatoes, spinach and cilantro and stir well. Transfer to a serving dish and serve with tortilla chips.


Recipe adapted from Bake your Day


Original article and pictures take http://therecipecritic.com/2015/09/white-spinach-queso/ site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий