воскресенье, 6 ноября 2016 г.

Whole roasted cauliflower

Whole roasted cauliflower


Whole roasted cauliflower


Seems that something is missing in the recipe. The cauliflower does not become tender after 50 minutes. Should we add water in the casserole before we put it in the oven?


It's an hour and a half bake time. One hour covered, 20 minutes uncovered, then another 10 after you add the tomatoes, etc.


that means the time stated at the begining of 1H 15m should be changed


How to replace sherry in the recipe?


Maybe try a stock of some sort, or just water would do. I would do that instead


I'd just leave it out. :)


Does the casserole go into the oven covered or uncovered?


Covered.


This was amazing! We loved it. I want to try adding two tins of tomatoes and serving over pasta or rice. The flavor was outstanding and it was tender and quite lovely. Thanks Jamie!!


This took quite a while, but was so worth it! I replaced the 4 tablespoons sherry by 2 tbsp. water and 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar and this worked perfectly. The BF and I absolutely loved it.


Sounds great Moira, so pleased you both enjoyed it! x


I boiled the whole cauliflower first for 30 minutes then carried on as per recipe. No problems!


I do that........


In case you are not convinced tomatoes and cauli are made for each other, I whizzed some goats cheese in veggie broth and poured it over the cauli after 1 hour ( my rub was olive oil, tuscan herb mix, salt and lemon). Absolutely fantastic. It took about 1 hour covered, plus 30 minutes uncovered, plus 10 minutes resting. I think I will never boil a cauliflower ever again. next, I'll try the same with a romanesco.


I made this cauliflower yesterday and it was harsh/tough. I think you need to add some water and cover it otherwise it wont get tender. The juice of the lemon and the cherry is insuffcient.


Hi Tobias, apologies this recipe wasn't a success. It has since been back to our food team for testing and we have changed the recipe slightly. We reckon it's pretty perfect now (tender and super delicious) Would love it if you gave the new and improved version a go and let us know what you think?


Where's the new and improved version?


to jamieoliverdotcom


Can you please tell me where I can find the new and improved version


of the whole cauliflower recipe?


Thank you for these!


welcome.


Hi, I can't eat tomatoes nor paprika....any suggestions please? :) thanks


Me too - what did you Do?


I tried it with sumac and a black tahini sauce which was really good.


do the tomatoes get poured over the cauliflower or just into the dish?


What's the purpose of the cutting a cross into the base? And what if I wanted to make this without the tomatoes? Also, can I use apple cider vinegar instead of dry sherry? Replies will be appreciated greatly.


The cross cut into the base allows the heat to get into the base so that it cooks more evenly. You can leave out the tomatoes but won't get the same results. You will need to replace the liquid of the tomatoes. Also, someone above already say that they used apple cider vinegar instead of sherry and had great success.


I made this with a sweeter sherry (to round out the sharpness of so much thyme) and used more than prescribed; the extra liquid helps the cauliflower soften properly. There were only two of us so plenty left today which I chopped into florets and tossed in a pot with a watties five bean mix - delicious! Nice to get two meals out of this because there was rather a lot of prep.


This looks amazing. My husband cannot eat tomatoes--what do you suggest as a substitute?


Make it for a boyfriend maybe ?


Original article and pictures take http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/whole-roasted-cauliflower/#Ybuc8mg2WC0vRGli.97 site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий